Need opinion on value of a couple Z's

KELMO

Pics first.....

z005.jpg

z004.jpg

z003.jpg

z002.jpg

z001.jpg

OK, what I know about em. The orange one is 71, ran when it was parked about 5 years (+/-).

There is a good hood, bumper, and maybe a grille and a valance. There is some surface rust...did not get inside and really look at floors, but this is the desert and we have been in a bit of a dry spell

The primer one is a bit more rough and also close to 71 but don't know for sure (sorry, I'm just not that good on my Z knowledge) I saw much more surface rust on this one but looks to be complete and all the engine bit seem to be there.

Just lookin for what ya'll think as far as price wise for these either together or individually. These aint mine so I'm not gonna take anything personal....I know how it goes around here sometimes B)

Thanks for lookin

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The orange one is a series 1, and is the most valuable of the 240z's. Other than the hood, it looks to be in good shape. I'd say if it is complete and has all the series 1 specific items, and matching #'s, then it could be worth 2-3k. The primer one is probably 5-8 hundred.

Mark

The orange one is a series 1, and is the most valuable of the 240z's. Other than the hood, it looks to be in good shape. I'd say if it is complete and has all the series 1 specific items, and matching #'s, then it could be worth 2-3k. The primer one is probably 5-8 hundred.

Mark

Yeah what he said^^^ The orange one looks to be pretty clean. If the radiator support in not smashed and no rust in the floors or rear hatch it could be a really good car.

If ya can check the door plate and find out what month and year it is. That will make a huge difference on the price. "It might be a 70",

but a late date in 70 would make it a 71 by the time it got here on the slow boat.

What?! 2-3K just because it's a series one? Now way. The paint is crap the hood, bumper and lower valance needs replacing and the stock wheels are gone. There is no way sitting in the dessert for 5 years that the interior will be in good shape. The sun is not nice to the dash and seat of these cars.

Series one's aren't nearly as rare as people think. I know of 3 on CL in the last week, 2 under $1500 and running. One is $2900 but that is way off, that car is missing more than this one.

I'd say $500.

I buy and sell orange one is series one more valuable lighter car somewhere between 500 and 2000 depending on core support damage and possible cancer clean wiring or hackfoo

decent interior or rotted

gray one looks to be about 73 due to bumper mounts worth 300 to 500

just my 2 cents

Thanks guys. Gonna try and get back out there this weekend and do some more digging....let ya know what I find if I make it.