thinking about buying ermish racing coilovers

ramseys21

But be honest for the average 510 driver if you have 280zx struts I highly recommned the Koni reds for street use.The ones listed on Classicgarage. Cant beat the price. But it sucks you have to remove the strut to adjust them

That classicgarage koni is a fine strut housing for the price. Way better than stock stuff for sure. I had a set at one time (from them) but has been like 8 years since then? Classicgarage must have cases of the things.

I do remember "adjusting" them and it made the rebound dampning so freaking heavy that it would take forever for the car to return to ride height after hitting a bump. I was probably only running ST or Contour springs at the time but here was my experience:

I had a nice test track with a few bumps / rises in a row, then a tight lefthander. The bumps packed down the suspension to the bumpstops and I was screwed. Front tires were skipping over the road when I applied the brakes. Luckily there was a driveway before the lefthander :eek:

After that I returned them to the "soft" setting and drove without incident.

Still a good insert IMHO. You may want to make sure you have good stiff springs if you want to adjust them, I would venture to guess at least 200+.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mine about 1/4 turn hard on retraction

So I jump on it and it comes up slightly quick but STOPS!!!!!

Yes dont over tighten cause they act like they are locked up.

I rode in Jeffs SR20 510 and he had those T# coil overs with stiff spring but HE did the Most awsome burn out while I was in the car but then the car started bouncing which kinda got scary. But I wonder if peole are using too much spring and not damping them enough.It has 8 way adjust. KONIs are infinate right up to IT DONT MOVE!!!!!!!!!!

I was told let the stiffer spring do its work getting compressed and let the shock controlled the retraction so it dont oscilliate. So if you adjust the KONI just right it will be perfect. Unfortunatley we all dont have a LOAD CELL transducers (measurement device)to test out the perfect valving with the springs.

It doesnt make sense sometimes to put a hard stiff gas shock on stock springs cause the shock now is acting more like a spring than a shock.You know what Im saying.

I got my KONIS from a ad in back of the Hemming Motor news and it was a deal and Im sold on them. No matter if they are old techology.

If you got a coil over and stiff spring just stiffen them up untill you get it right. But it can take awhile. But I say 1/4 turn right off the bat with ST springs

This is all my opinion here. Plus the red/orange KONIs will not raise the car either like a gas shock. But if you have coil overs it dont matter anyways

• 2 months later...

Troys got a bad name because he deals with alot of bs alot of "TIRE KICKERS" not alot of buyers...and we all know alot of dimers are cheap. Troy races stockcars locally here and I have been a crew member for the the last few years and he has become a close friend of mine and I can agree with a few of the comments about him being an ass and hard to deal with but he stands behind his product and coming from a racing back ground he has the knowledge to set up your dime up for what ever you may be doing give him a chance and let the product speak for him he has sold me everything from suspension,brakes and moving on to building my engines (FJ20 n/a and turbo)for me and I can say I am pleased with everything

Clayton

• 3 years later...

How do you get to a site that carries the top motoring rears? The links in this are not working might be my work computer some things are blocked, but rarely. Is it just topmotoring.com?

The links are almost 4 years old

My dad is trying to sell his coil overs...

220lb springs=way to stiff

Start a for sale in the classified section