Which motor should I do?

mobilejoe

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything is possible, given enough time and money. I think I saw at least one VG30 in a 70 or 71 510 wagon at Canby that was very nicely done.

It appears this thread has degraded to the point you probably going to get more snide comments, than useful information.

The easiest and fastest thing would be to put the original engine back in, repaired, or replaced.

If you do a swap to a more modern fuel injected engine, I would start with the whole donor car or truck, in running condition. I would also not mix and match different ECU's. If you have a VG30, use a VG 30 ECU. I also would not do a radical over bore on the engine. Sometimes the increased air flow will confuse the ECU, because it will sense airflow rates higher than the ECU expects at the level of manifold pressure it is sensing. If you have a VG33, use a VG33 ECU.

Here is an interesting thought. You can reject it. I have a Ford Aerostar, with a 4.0 L engine. My Datsuns are 521 trucks. I have thought about possibly putting the Aerostar engine in a 521.

How about an Aerostar engine? Many times I go to the junkyard to get parts for my Aerostar, i can even find good parts, in a color that matches my van. There seems to be a lot of Aerostars in junkyards these days.

You can learn to weld at a local community college in about a term. (three months)