Purple Violet

datsfun

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, base model little engine, mid-model same as USA, top model with IRS. Because 610 was sold by Datsun Bluebird dealer, and 710 was sold by non-Datsun dealer (was not badged a Datsun in Japan) so 610 and 710 did not compete with each other in Japan.

Would look good as a convertible!

th_6fdec0f9.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I told him someone needs to take that cutting wheel away from him LOL :rofl:

:thumbup:

:rofl:

And call 3m or whomever makes them and ban him from :rofl:

WTF did the Nipponese get IRS in theirs?? Whats with the rear camber???

AFAIK, all coupes were IRS. The fastbacks were either live axle or IRS depending on the model. All SSS badged fastbacks/saloons were IRS.

Apart from US, I have never seen a 710 coupe that is live axled; guess you guys got a bad deal.

I would go to prison with a smile if I new someday... When I get out... I have a sss violet waiting for me.

Red banner be prepared to do crime in that case ! I know of a SSS violet that is for sale and not alot of $$. The car is in Europe and generally complete, missing some trim. Luckily for you, its a LHD so you will not end up driving the wrong side of the freeway ! I am sure it can be shipped to US....

Yes, base model little engine, mid-model same as USA, top model with IRS. Because 610 was sold by Datsun Bluebird dealer, and 710 was sold by non-Datsun dealer (was not badged a Datsun in Japan) so 610 and 710 did not compete with each other in Japan.

Would look good as a convertible!

th_6fdec0f9.jpg

Hmm, I am not sure I subscribe to the statement above. Both the 610 and 710 were badged Nissan in Japan and I cant see why such a popular model would not be sold by official dealers?? Nissans campaigned FIA rally events between 71-73 with the 610sss and then switched to 710sss until late 77 which attained far more success and exposure. Now why would they be caimpaigning the 710 at the world stage yet not promote it in their showrooms?

WOW, sweet ride, 710's are rare in australia

would love one like that.

I believe they are a handful of cars in Oz.(<10). Nissan rallied the 710 in Oz but the shells were either destroyed or exported to japan. The model was never sold by Nissan dealers but your Kiwi cousins have a few left ...

going off of what i saw at canby i day the 610 is the rarer beast but if you get a 710 coupe and cut the rear floor out of it weld in the floor from a 510 bam instant irs

The rear boot floor from a 610sss will fit the 710sss, perfect to the nearest mm. I have a US based friend who is creating a SSS replica using the US 710 hardtop as a base and has successfully done the IRS conversion using the above method. So all you 610SSS owners beware of the 710 boys and their angle grinders ...

The rear boot floor from a 610sss will fit the 710sss, perfect to the nearest mm. I have a US based friend who is creating a SSS replica using the US 710 hardtop as a base and has successfully done the IRS conversion using the above method. So all you 610SSS owners beware of the 710 boys and their angle grinders ...

INDY I think he is talking about you LOL

going off of what i saw at canby i day the 610 is the rarer beast but if you get a 710 coupe and cut the rear floor out of it weld in the floor from a 510 bam instant irs

That's not entirely accurate...

Now, we are talking...

In japan they had separate dealer organizations. The Datsun Bluebird Shop sold 510s, Datsun Truck, and Sunny, while the Nissan dealers sold the Violet, Cherry and Skyline. Prior to that they were separate dealers organizations (Sunny, Datsun, Prince, Cherry).

JDM

nissan_violet_2.jpg

JDM

Datsun_Bluebird-U.jpg

Later these sales organizations went through various mergers and in 1999 became Nissan Blue Stage and Nissan Red Stage. However a few Cherry Shops remain, for example Nissan Cherry Sales Iwate.

It's funny to hear all this, "oh just IRS swap a 710, it's easy" ......... .. . .am I the only one who thinks you're all crazy??? ....... . :lol:

....... 510 rear floors are not even structural beings ..... ... they are a myriad of spot welds held together by quantum theory ..... :rofl:

• Like 1