tranny make noise

rad510

The sound is coming from the clutch ..

When u push the clutch in the sound is gone .. and when u let the clutch off .. the sound come back ..

And when u drive it the sound is coming out of 1,23,5 gear .. but 4 gear don't make no sound

So Wats the problem ..

How could I fix it

I need info

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is perhaps the Transmission input shaft bearing -- if it happens in nuetral. Maybe the transmission is low on oil.

It is happens only in gear (moving) then it's likely to be the cluster gear bearing/bushing. 4th gear is the only one that transmits no power through the cluster gears (although they are still spinning while in 4th).

If it is a clicking/clunking instead of a whine then either a gear tooth is chipped or the bearing is way bad.

So check the fluid level. If that is good, then for a whine just live with it. Or tear that transmission down for repair to just stick a good used transmission in there.

When u push the clutch in the sound is gone .. and when u let the clutch off .. the sound come back ..

And when u drive it the sound is coming out of 1,23,5 gear .. but 4 gear don't make no sound

So Wats the problem ..

could be a throw-out bearing which would be second cheapest problem next to the gear oil level..

Usually the throwout bearing is only spinning under a heavy load when the clutch peddle is down and it is shoved against the spinning diaphragm fingers on the pressure plate. When the clutch peddle is up, there is no load on the release bearing.

So Wats the problem ..

How could I fix it

I need info

You need to check the color of your transmission fluid, and the level, what you are discribing is the noise the lower cluster gear bearing makes when it is disintegrating, quit driving it before it destroys your front case.

If your tanny fluid is silver, or has metal chunks on the magnet, take it out.

Is it a dogleg 5 speed?

my dogleg 63A in my 81 b210 started a leak until i noticed my trans mount bolts were missing

i pissed off a homeless man by my job doing a burnout in front of the dumpster he lives behind and the next day i made a left turn and heard driveshaft hitting tunnel

lost may 2 oz of fliud before i noticed...it was pooling on the slave so at first that was what i suspected until i saw

the seal on the boot (rear extension assembly) or the expansion plug was leaky and had a pool of gear oil under the striker

now i hope to driveshaft doesn't need a balancing. i could make tires chirp in every gear but now the car doesn't hook up the same:

instead of a burnout at any grade level or surface from stop, the H145's got wheelhop and maybe burnout on an incline and a little roar in rear axle so maybe a bearing but pinion sounds ok ..no shavings in diff fluid but i was gonna swap in an H165 anyways with discs

clutch feels ok but not as crisp...got a borg warner 92002A kit from rockauto for 63A dogleg....need to check rest of bolts cuz he loosened my starter too...gotta check bell housing bolts

my dogleg 63A in my 81 b210 started a leak until i noticed my trans mount bolts were missing

i pissed off a homeless man by my job doing a burnout in front of the dumpster he lives behind and the next day i made a left turn and heard driveshaft hitting tunnel

lost may 2 oz of fliud before i noticed...it was pooling on the slave so at first that was what i suspected until i saw

the seal on the boot (rear extension assembly) or the expansion plug was leaky and had a pool of gear oil under the striker

now i hope to driveshaft doesn't need a balancing. i could make tires chirp in every gear but now the car doesn't hook up the same:

instead of a burnout at any grade level or surface from stop, the H145's got wheelhop and maybe burnout on an incline and a little roar in rear axle so maybe a bearing but pinion sounds ok ..no shavings in diff fluid but i was gonna swap in an H165 anyways with discs

clutch feels ok but not as crisp...got a borg warner 92002A kit from rockauto for 63A dogleg....need to check rest of bolts cuz he loosened my starter too...gotta check bell housing bolts

2lh1.jpg

Dude doing burnouts and chirping the tires in every gear loosened the bolts on your car. (if they were even properly tightened by a home mechanic in the first place) The constant abuse has fucked it up not the homeless guy. Bet the front seal is leaking oil on your clutch causing slip or maybe, just a guess here, but maybe the clutch is just burned out.

those damn homeless guys that can barley talk unless they have a pint of takka vodka, and just so happen to carry 14mm 12mm and a crescent wrench, and the knowledgez to do anything to a car, damn those guys, you would think if they could do that they would have a job...

.... and a hydraulic jack in their dumpster.