Can someone run a carfax for me? Pretty Please?

Hi everyone, I just bought a 240sx a month ago and have been using it as a daily since it's getting hot in FL. For the most part its in great shape. 108k miles I hope, but there are a few spots on the underside that give me suspicions of an accident, on top of that it has over spray on the AC condensor so I know at least the front has been repainted, but That could be just from regular fading.

So if anyone can run me a carfax out of the goodness of your heart, or maybe someone local I can buy a six pack for I'd much appreciate it. I didn't know they cost money.

Vehicle:1993 NISSAN 240SX/SE

VIN:JN1MS36P1PW310914

Yes this POS is AUTO, but I scored 90% of the hard parts to get for a manual swap

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me I know. I've been working on Z's for 5 yrs.

From what I can tell the PO ran over a curb or something at high speed because the front driver tire made pretty bad contact with the inner wheel well and managed to actually rip open a seam. I'll post some pictures later. Also the rear passenger tire has 5 degrees of camber. I don't know why, the control arms seem straight and I actually think the subframe was dislodged. I just want to know what exactly it has been repaired before.

I actually just replaced the rear upper control arms with adjustable ones to get rid of some of that camber, but I know that's a bandaid fix.

No need for a carfax, you've already found what's wrong. Get a bodyman buddy to check it out for further clarification. Or take it to a shop and have them put it on a frame rack, see if it lines up.

You had money for the car but not the carfax? Why didnt you carfax it before buying it?

Car-fax = slow reporting ... not always accurate ... and sometimes things never show ...

Knew a guy ... he was a dealer ... nuff said.

Carfax has a harder time with older cars ... even ones just 20 years old ...

Pics

Here is the driver side rear, notice the flare above the control arm? This is the non cambered side

WP_000210.jpg

Passanger side( the JDM mad tyte yo side) Has no flare. Leads me to believe a really bent control arm was replaced or something

WP_000209.jpg

The extremely effed up driver side wheel well I was talking about. Probably has to be going 30mph and trying to hop a curb

WP_000213.jpg

I'm not fretting too much about what will be in the carfax, I bought it for $1900, had to replace the all the brakes(caliper and rotors and pads), the shocks ( used KYB oem and got a deal on some tein springs cheap) and get the AC system charged and she was pretty much good to go. Everything I'm just nitpicky about. My GF recently broke the cheap ass head unit by getting a disc stuck in it so it can only play radio. I don't mind but if she does she can buy a new one

Edit: also did a tune up when I got her back. New plugs, oil, Hatch struts, fuses, air filter wipers and belts. That shit cost like $200

WP_000206.jpg

You had money for the car but not the carfax? Why didnt you carfax it before buying it?

Car-fax = slow reporting ... not always accurate ... and sometimes things never show ...

Knew a guy ... he was a dealer ... nuff said.

Carfax has a harder time with older cars ... even ones just 20 years old ...

Carfax.... there is a reason car dealers will generally offer you a carfax for free, all it tells you is if it has a branded title or insurance repairs. If you wreck a car, fix it yourself (fix in the loosest form) and never report it, it never happened.

Not sure how the rear subframe/unibody is configured on the 240SX, but based on your pictures the car slammed into a curb hard enough to buckle the lower driver side control arm resulting in the bent mount and shifted the subframe/unibody enough to give you the 5 degrees of camber on the passenger side. Just a guess...

Passanger side( the JDM mad tyte yo side) Has no flare. Leads me to believe a really bent control arm was replaced or something

WP_000209.jpg

The extremely effed up driver side wheel well I was talking about. Probably has to be going 30mph and trying to hop a curb

WP_000213.jpg

These pics look worse than a "curb" too me. The first one looks like there are stress cracks in the sub frame, and that there was a previous repair.

Second pic, those holes look like slide hammer marks. Telling me it got very bent up and they pulled it back out, then sprayed some shitty under coating back over it.

Of course I could be wrong. It's always hard to see things in pictures and figure out just what is going on.

sounds better in writing. too bad its all clapped out

http://southernquali...ehicle-glossary

You are the man. Thanks. This thing led a pretty boring life up until the Owner right before me. The first one who owned it in Jupiter was a lady, she left a bunch of her records in the owners manual binder. The Jackass before me is probably the idiot who smashed it up.

I actually think those holes are popped seams or something.The black marks is rubber from what I think is the tire contacting the wheel well.

As for the rear subframe its solid, just had a lot of crud on it. I cleaned it off to double check. I still need to rent a pressure washer and clean the entire underside thoroughly and the engine bay.

I actually think those holes are popped seams or something.The black marks is rubber from what I think is the tire contacting the wheel well.

As for the rear subframe its solid, just had a lot of crud on it. I cleaned it off to double check. I still need to rent a pressure washer and clean the entire underside thoroughly and the engine bay.

If those are spot weld that broke that's some crazy force to pull it apart.

Good news on the frame!