The BRE 510 is done

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured it was something like that, but it looks good none-the-less. Do you have others or is it just these two?

I'm working on some other vehicles done like this, but these are the only 510s. You have some pics of yours on here? Did you do the illustrations in your sig?

Yeah, you can check my signature for the latest on my build... I have recent pictures on the last page I believe. Yes the pixel cars in my signature were all me. Its something I do when I get a little spare time on my hands... I used to do it quite a bit, but have slowed down a bit. The one I have up there now, was how I wanted it done originally, but Ive steered my plans a little different; I just havent gotten around to changing it.

Nice. It looks good and straight. I look forward to watching your progress.

As for my Datsun drawings, I'll probably do a Z-Car next. I'll got some pics of a couple of vintage racers I took at the Mitty (Road Atlanta) that I want to do. I have a series of 60s era NASCAR racers I'm working on I need to finish, so I guess that's next.

It's only time, right?

;)

It is vector, Victor.

($1 to Airplane!)

I did this in Illustrator. It wasn't my original intent, but I am considering doing some posters, stickers, t-shirts, etc. You guys can email me at jj4020@gmail.com a let me know what you want. Hell, I want a poster too...and a shirt, and a sticker and....

Hi Tater. I haven't read the book, but the guy who rescued the car and raced it is a good friend of mine. He sold the car to a friend of his in Florida who still races it. If you Google "Red Farmer Datsun 510" you'll find current articles and pics.

I moved to Portland from Montgomery. Where are you?

Alabaster. About 1 hr north of Montgomery. So you're friends with Houghton Smith. In the book it says when he found it it was basically trashed & so rusted out that you could poke a screwdriver through the roll bars. I like Mr. Smiths quote in the story, "When you drive a 510, you wrestle it. No matter how you drive it, you get out sweating. It's a good handling car, but you have to drive it". (Yes I have the book in front of me)

• Like 1

I printed this off at work yesterday, and cut the excess paper off and laminated it. Was going to bring it home and throw it on the fridge with a magnet. On the way home in the B, the window was slightly open.... It got sucked outside :rofl: So somewhere on Highway 101 north bound is this picture chilling out.

Alabaster. About 1 hr north of Montgomery. So you're friends with Houghton Smith. In the book it says when he found it it was basically trashed & so rusted out that you could poke a screwdriver through the roll bars. I like Mr. Smiths quote in the story, "When you drive a 510, you wrestle it. No matter how you drive it, you get out sweating. It's a good handling car, but you have to drive it". (Yes I have the book in front of me)

Yeah, Houghton and I are good friends and I crewed for him at many vintage events. He's my dad's age (67-8) and was a semi pro driver back in the 60s and 70s. Had he not started having heart trouble, he'd probably still own the car today. He could drive the dog shit out of it for sure. It dynoed 255 when he owned it. Pretty bad little motorscooter.

I'm very familiar with Alabaster. My mom was from Birmingham and I was born there accidentally...I was 7 weeks premature. Used to ride through your stomping grounds as a kid going to see my family until they all moved to the beach in the mid-70s.

I printed this off at work yesterday, and cut the excess paper off and laminated it. Was going to bring it home and throw it on the fridge with a magnet. On the way home in the B, the window was slightly open.... It got sucked outside :rofl: So somewhere on Highway 101 north bound is this picture chilling out.

Dang, Izz..go back and get it!

;)

Thanks folks. I trust that all the particulars will posted on the June calendar? Hopefully somebody will post a condensed version 'cause that thread in Events is 46 pages which is about 45 pages more than I want to scan through!

Look forward to meeting some of you there. I'll be the guy with that BRE 510 on my shirt!

:)