My first 510

Well I got myself a 510 wagon (elmerfudpuckerds) I stripped out the inside to clean the ground.... Fixing the 2 gaskets on tuesday anyone know where I can find shifter bushings??? But I think I'm in love lol it sounds good and runs and drives good too not to much mechanical to do mostly wiring and interior... Any clue where I can get new seats...

• Like 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just met a guy at the Planet of the Datsuns that seems to know ALOT about these wagons but we were so busy BS-ing that we never actually introduced ourselves ,,i will figure out who it is and get back to you...

anyways ...shifter bushing thread

clickity-clickity

http://community.rat...ifter-bushings/

so i was gonna do the gaskets today but ended up with the wrong one somehow :-( elmer said he was gonna ask someone if they grabbed it.... but i dont think thats the problem, as far as i can see there is no water going into the intake manifold.... i think it has a blown head gasket..... not bad only pisses at high rpms.... but still now i have an 8 hr job ahead of me.... at least i still have my truck.... thanks for the link on the bushings too.... yonker nissan has some too they are $4 a piece....

well i guess thats what i get for being the new guy lol it was just the intake not head lol... sorry elmer.... took like 20 mins. but now i have all the gaskets justin case...b10b77f2.jpg

also got the choke mounted and dash in...9e4731f3.jpg

i also have a new ignition on the way so that will get fixed too....

got my new gauges in the mailcaba12b0.jpg

took maybe 20 mins

07e9db37.jpg

and the gas gauge and temp gauge work

b23e5562.jpg

also got the clock to work lol

cdd4eced.jpg

still waiting for the ignition....

also stripped out all the carpet...

902d3783.jpg7eb18006.jpg

i saw there was a guy that did carpets on here gonna talk to him and take the seats up the street to a shop i know and get them redone.... maybe get it all rhino lined too...

Go to the Help section at O Rileys and the Chrysler door bushings will work. Its a set of multi bushing sizes. its a copper bronze color....

Thanks for the tip... Got them and they worked perfect!!! Also got a few more doors pieces from pull a part.... All windows go up and down and got the ashtrays and knobs for dash... Sure fit told me 1600 to redo my seats gonna check out tcc and clover park see what they will charge me... Still waiting on my ignition too lol that's what I get for buying stuff from hong kong lol

Can anyone tell me if it will work 72 lower control arms work on my 78 wagon... Looking at a kit on eBay but not sure if it will fit... Was ginna do those and wilwood brakes but don't know if they will work any help... You can see them in eBay any help would be great....

Well I got the carpet down and some new seat covers(for now)... They want 350 a seat so I'll have to save a bit more... Got the carpet from lowes and some spray lock tight and got it in, in like 45 mins... It's a limitless ruff lol I have never done it before so it doesn't go high enough in some places lol not to concerned it way better in my opinion.... Pix

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w493/datsun253/fcfef99f.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w493/datsun253/4af77d66.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w493/datsun253/8a993928.jpg