i need my dime wired up

Hey I have a 70 510 that I need wired up to finish my project.its a carburated ka24e.black box elect. Dist.

I have the new wires ran and just can't get it to work.I can do fab and motor work but electrical just stumps the hell outa me.im in oakdale about 20 mins past manteca.I got a tip on someone in sac area that does wiring work but I can't find him.I talked to someone named james that was selling a datsun and does datsun work in sac.he said to look for a guy named wagonjon? But I can't find him and the member that is here is not from the sac area.so im in need of some help.if you can or know someone that does clean 510 wiring text me please.Im a firm believer in the fact that good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good.nice work for my hard earned money is my demand.

kevin 15106489498

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is there no one here that knows no one that could help.I just need someone to tell me what im missing,what. goes where and to help problem solve any issues that may arise.hell ill cover gas and lunch,or

I can tow it to someone.texting me is best cause im not always able to answer my phone.15106489498 kevin.thanks

Such a godamned pessimist Hainz,

If you dont keep your L motor your an idiot and you fucked up your car right? :rolleyes:

Any time someone has a question about a swap you always pop and tell them how stupid they are for not just leaving the L.

No one gives a shit....... some people like to do swaps.

Who knows..... maybe your a secret purest, or you cant fab, or you dont understand EFI,

or maybe you cant work on any other motor but an L4.... or whatever.

Keep your L's congrats........... but quit shitting on anyone else who doesnt.

Your attitude is usually ignored. but now its just gotten old.

Kevin:

you can find Jon here:

http://community.ratsun.net/user/2064-wagon-jon/

catch up in the for sale section on this one.

I have the same 510 for 24 years, YOU? You help him Kevin

People need to plan this stuff out better. Thats all Im saying.

If you cant work a volt meter,Ohms law ect.. You really need to condsider not doing it.

510s are simple yet so many lost do to neglect. maint ect... Basic maint (also funding).Dont Need a G E D to work on them.

Used to see them stacked up in kent at AAA Auto wreaking and Atomic Auto wreaking. Why?

About L series motors/510s he is. Probably seen a lot of failed swaps too. Not being able to wire up a swap project is something that should have been addressed early in the planning stage just like motor mounts, shorter driveshaft or cross member flip and such. Having said this, this is Ratsun where help is available. A sort of safety net for project completion but not a substitute for doing your homework..

thank you for your insight into my failures.without your advice i would probley have never seen my own problems with my car...lol

my bad for not wanting another l-series datsun blah blah blah ride...boring.its no big thing its my second dime.my first was a rebello l-18 with dual webber side drafts 45.it was fun till i had to adjust those tempermental bastards monthly.then i crashed it.bought the current one when i sold the rebello motor and side drafts.that was in 02.it had a l-18 that was lame,so i put a l-20 in it.and low and behold i had another l-20 510 blah blah blah.so now i have a 4 barrel holly carb on a ka24e with a intake manifold that i fabbed.a oil pan that i fabbed so i didnt have to flip my cross member and by accident it holds like 7qts of oil oops.oh and why i need the electrical done is cause i finally found a 240z dash that was in tits condition at the junk yard and just had to snatch it up for $65 and yes i installed it into my 510 with monster tach and speedo.fuel cell in the trunk with the correct sending unit so the fuel gauge works right.the only thing i need help in is the electical.you dont like swaps,i dont like boring same crap besides color datsuns sitting next to each other.dont want to step on anyones toes and i do appreciate constructive criticism.i expect it being new to the cool kids club but fire shots at me and im gonna shoot back so expect it.

thank you for the link to jon i really appreciate it.ive never met or talked to him before and am really hoping that he is not on the close minded path of 510s only should have l-series motors with a dog leg trans.for those who helped me thanks and to those who didnt ehhh