Info on V8 710

shfty

Do you have any website links for a new front fender?,,,, front grill? ...front apron/valence?... front or rear bumpers??? .... for a wagon?

....... I don't "need" another car,,, ,,, but if someone really wants it .... .. I could pick it up at the border if that's even legal ... ... it doesn't look too rusty

front fenders are in a warehouse in tj mexico and cost about 900 pesos each i think that comes out to 70 dollars before shipping but i think there are limited quantities let me talk to the guy that sells em

here is a link to some parts

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-402460031-tolva-inf-def-datsun-sedan-74-78-del-_JM

heres the grill

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-402342184-parrilla-datsun-sedan-710-74-75-76-77-78-nvd-_JM

the lights are about 20 dollars for the corner lights and fender light and the rear lights are 347 pesos i think comes out to 25 dollars and the bumpers well those are hard to find in good condition but a set of refurbished but they cost about 1500 pesos each which is like 90 dollars for each one

emblems

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-81326368-emblema-datsun-160j-grande-_JM

antenna

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-81448718-antena-datsun-viejo-hasta-78-tw-y-poddig-_JM

if you are looking for a complete car heres the list of them on mexican ebay

http://auto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-81421815-nissan-datsun1974-de-coleccion-_JM

http://auto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-81609765-datsun-160-j-modelo-75-exelentes-condiciones-generales-_JM

let me dig around for some more but every body part is still availible you just have to look for parts and know some people

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleeeeease dont v8 that car, its sweet as fuxk, I have an l series crossmember I could possibly hook you up with if you dont.

Its not set in stone sir but let me tell u that even finding an l series swap is hard if you have parts for l series i'll take em !! but shipping is a bitch

here are some pics of the rust and the cars general state

DSC02384-1.jpg

DSC02385-1.jpg

floors are rusty

DSC03028.jpg

heres my girlfriend checking out the rust :P

DSC03157-1.jpg

rusty cowling complete see through

DSC02393-1.jpg

DSC02394-1.jpg

rusty parts car

Yeah that car is nice... even int hat condition. I would see if theres a way to part swap over the border. Both of you drive to the line and swap 710 body panels for L-Series parts... that would be a win win for everyone.

not a build log but i have some pics to share

new bulbs and old school eye lids

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

front signals

IMG_0632.jpg

chin spoiler

IMG_0634.jpg

rear lights

IMG_0635.jpg

fender lights

IMG_0639.jpg

new dash pad

IMG_0630.jpg

just thought i would share tomorrow i will widen the front wheels and put the suspension on but still no clue on the motor

you can get new front fender here for about 200 dollars ....grin

i would trade you for a ae86 or a 240 sx ......

do you mean a corolla gt? I'm tired of that douche bag term for those old corolla's, initial D does kick ass, but I don't go around calling my rx7 an fc because it sounds retarded.

do you mean a corolla gt? I'm tired of that douche bag term for those old corolla's, initial D does kick ass, but I don't go around calling my rx7 an fc because it sounds retarded.

no I dont, a corolla GT is a TE72 in japan which you know as the 1980 Toyota corolla the AE86 chassis code is not a fan boy term invented by initial D i think your confusing it with the word HACHIROKU which is overly used as a term from initial D but this whole Initial D comment seems to be a couple years late. body codes are used to not mix up the body styles

Welcome to the site! The white car looks familiar - I think I've seen it somewhere before, when someone who was a teacher in Mexico posted a few pictures. Is that you?

I'm curious to see if people have any luck with picking up front panels in Mexico to spruce up their US 710's. I found some for my 710, but they had to come all the way from New Zealand. ...Mexico might be a more convenient option!

I tried to get parts on Mercadolibre, but couldn't figure out a way to pay the seller.

I just prefer model names and years to chassis numbers. around where I live people use chassis numbers and 2 things will happen, they confuse people, or they've got a barely a clue of what there talking about. suppose that may not be the case here, though.

I just prefer model names and years to chassis numbers. around where I live people use chassis numbers and 2 things will happen, they confuse people, or they've got a barely a clue of what there talking about. suppose that may not be the case here, though.

Yeah around here is pretty good. I think that if you have a love for your Datsun hobby you can't help but learn some stuff about them even if you still call your estate car a goon but really it's a WPL510. Chassis number/names are much more accurate.

Welcome to the site! The white car looks familiar - I think I've seen it somewhere before, when someone who was a teacher in Mexico posted a few pictures. Is that you?

I'm curious to see if people have any luck with picking up front panels in Mexico to spruce up their US 710's. I found some for my 710, but they had to come all the way from New Zealand. ...Mexico might be a more convenient option!

I tried to get parts on Mercadolibre, but couldn't figure out a way to pay the seller.

yup same one i lost the info for that account so i made a new one and i will order some of the panels and post pics of them as soon as i get them so you can see the quality .

paying for them is kinda confusing and slightly shady but like i said let me get the parts and i will post some info