Info on V8 710

shfty

I was just wondering if anyone has any info on getting a ford 302 into a 1977 datsun 710.

I am interested in doing this because no other reason than i have the motor and the car and i would like to try

I understand all the work involved just wondering if anyone on here has done it or has pictures of a v8 datsun 710

any info would help

Thanks

Ivan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The swap is the same as for a 610/510 wagon

Use the right 302 pan & exhaust manifold

Change the rear end to something stronger (Datsun pickup rear is the favorite)

thank you sir but one last question

which is the right oil pan ?

and which are the correct mainfolds

who says the 710 isnt already fucked up ....... its got a shitty j13 mexican motor and rust .......and what the fuck do you think this is asking questions to get info ......should i just hop on yahoo answers and poke it till it gives me what i want or maybe go on a forum where someone might have an answer for me.

• Like 2

the point that i think red banner is making is that for the cost and difficulty of the swap you could swap in a vg30 or an sr 20 with high power gains and a much lower weight penalty

• Like 1

the point that i think red banner is making is that for the cost and difficulty of the swap you could swap in a vg30 or an sr 20 with high power gains and a much lower weight penalty

2nd this but I think i'd prefer dealing with a carbed 302 then a fuel injected anything. but thats jut my personal preference, I think he should just get a ford full frame and shoehorn the body on the new frame.

I think my point was, he said he has the motor, and the 710 and thats why he needs to swap it, how many people destroy datsuns with crazy stupid plans?

You have motor, you have 710, figure it out mang.

And welcome to rathole , neoaw post some pics of the violet or stfu.

• Like 2

I would go for the 302. You don't have to ruin the 710. I would guess it will fit in without cutting any sheet metal. The C4 automatic is not very large.

Shty, there are no list of instructions for swapping a 302 into a 710. You will be the first to do it as far as I know.

lil off the topic but hey RedBanner is the bay long enough to accept a RB im not home to measure and i havent seen anyone do it yet...and i happen to have 3 RBs just chillin in my garage....

:lol: I came off like a much bigger dueche than I ment too :lol:, still seriusly hate seeing small blocks in 710s

No point at all,..... at all.

But hey its your rusty j series, take oics, dont do things becouse "it was easier" , it might be cool.

Ka , sr , ca, just saying.

who says the 710 isnt already fucked up ....... its got a shitty j13 mexican motor and rust .......and what the fuck do you think this is asking questions to get info ......should i just hop on yahoo answers and poke it till it gives me what i want or maybe go on a forum where someone might have an answer for me.

Lets just say this is a fairly rare swap and not well documented. (if at all) There will be lots of problems to solve and one off fabrications to make. The diff is not going to survive this but an '82-'83 S110 (200sx) axle should be very close to the correct width. The '80-'81 200sx axles will fit the 710 axle tubes so they have to be close. Back to the '83-'83 ... the axle assy was changed those years for a much stronger H-190 unit, just like the 620/720 trucks. This should be able to contain a 302. The 200sx is coil spring but hey if you have a smoke wrench or a newer wire wrench this should be no problem.

If your going to fuck up a 710, then at least do your own fucking home work... Im negging you.

what you ment was, who wants to buy a half complete hacked together v8 swap

Well as you can see Mr. banner loves his 710s and sadly many projects start with good intentions and there is no way to know if the owner has any experience/skills, money, a solid plan, money, tools (including welder and metal fabrication), money, garage space, money, or a money pit g/f.

When you get started take lots of pictures. A journal helps but if you start a build or project thread here on Ratsun it's pretty much the same thing and is self motivating as you can see your progress. Any thoughts or problems can be discussed and help or ideas offered by members. Perhaps Mr. banner would help keep this on track to a successful conclusion. :lol:

I have two 710s and I like them too.

didnt mean to come off as a dick either and heres a bit of info so you guys know whats the deal, well the 710 is an old beat up rusty car not worth restoring and the motor is toast rebuilding a j13 in mexico is easy enough since parts are available but to tell you the truth the cost is a bit on the expensive side, now i have a good working ford 302 with spare parts that has been recently been rebuilt now i know there are way better options as far as motors go but to get an sr20 or a vg here is very difficult not to mention expensive and you have to have the original title to the car the motor came from to be able to register it and drive it on the streets. I know how to fabricate and i know enough about shoehorning v8 into cars i just wanted to know if anyone has done it before or if anyone has seen pics. Well i also understand that most people dont like non datsun parts in their datsuns im normally the same way but in this case the car would basicly be a missle car or just a fun ride because where i live there are nothing but ricer tsurus ( 1990s nissan sentras ) with stupid stickers all over them. car

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03154.jpg

the car as it sit at the back of the shop a few months ago i have bought more parts but i havent taken pics i will get some up asap now you cant see all the rust but believe me theres plenty of it

• Like 1

:lol: I came off like a much bigger dueche than I ment too :lol:, still seriusly hate seeing small blocks in 710s

No point at all,..... at all.

But hey its your rusty j series, take oics, dont do things becouse "it was easier" , it might be cool.

Ka , sr , ca, just saying.

Wait till you drive a car with a rusty J13 in it...

Even a 510 can go faster than...

.....wait

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03154.jpg

I will give you $1,200 US dollars for that car and those front fenders ........ how far from San Diego are you??? ..... ^_^

I'd give you $450 for the front fenders/front apron/grill ....... .. do you know where to find good bumpers?? ..... for a wagon?

I will give you $1,200 US dollars or more for that car and those front fenders ........ how far from San Diego are you??? ..... :grin:

you can get new front fender here for about 200 dollars ....grin

i would trade you for a ae86 or a 240 sx ......

Do you have any website links for a new front fender?,,,, front grill? ...front apron/valence?... front or rear bumpers??? .... for a wagon?

....... I don't "need" another car,,, ,,, but if someone really wants it .... .. I could pick it up at the border if that's even legal ... ... it doesn't look too rusty