Choppers 510

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very thin square of pressboard behind the back seat...

Mechanical fuel pump? You want to see if you have fuel to the inlet side by taking off the hose... Ever siphon gas? Suck it!

crank it one turn to make sure its pumping fuel. If not you might want to suck a little gas through the pump.... Then take the line off at the carbs and make sure theres fuel to there. Odds are if you get it that far, the sus will prime just by cranking.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 510kamikazifreak

probly did before previous owner switched to manual choke british su carbs

your 510 was also set up for a vg years ago, before some tools stole a bunch of the good stuff.

Pics of SUs....?

How long have they been sitting? Are they clean.....old gas?

Does the piston move freely in the dome?

Fuel in float bowls?

No chokes.............you could drop the jets to get a rich mixture so it would (might) flash up...not sure if that would work though.....maybe a squirt of gas in each SU to start it.

Or...wire the chokes/jets down...after it starts...remove them

it will flash up after squirting some fuel in each SU but won't keep running. I have had some friend here say they will help I explain what I need done for them to either hold the choke open while I turn they key and to keep holding the choke open till I say they can let go (useless nits) or turn the key and give some gas while I hold the choke open (again useless nits)

The pistons moves freely in the domes

PICT0126.jpg

Sounds like you're not getting any fuel

Pull the air cleaners and see if the pistons move freely.

Fuel in bowls???

The engine will run without chokes after it's flashed up....just have to feather the throttle

No doubt some crud somewhere from sitting.....

I missed that it was an L20B but the Z carbs are still too big, but better than for an L16. A 210 head on an L20B would be through the roof compression 9.23 and poor breathing. Any open chamber L20B head will be fine.

just noticed the other day when lou was down that the head has been shaved a bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...