Found this clean(ish) '68 411 on Craigslist

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Body parts are a real problem. Some 520 or 521 front fenders can be made to fit with immagination and time. Looks like you are clear on that part. Hoses can and must be modified from available Gates Rubber and Goodyear items. I have part numbers that can be used.

The hardest to find parts are the original air cleaner housing and especially the filters. They look like the roadster ones but are an inch shorter because of the lack of clearance to the brake master cylinder and firewall.

Water pumps were always a hard to find item. You have to modify a roadster unit by transplanting the "spinner" from an original RL411 pump with the one from the roadster pump. This will leave an inch of waterpump shaft meanacing your radiator so have good motor mounts or get the extra inch of shaft cut off.

There is a "well" behind the rear wheel and the trunk floor that is covered with a cardboard filler piece. The well is prone to rusting through to the wheel well. If in relatively good shape, flush with Naval Jelly, apply Rustolium generously, let dry and fill the void with low expanding urethane foam. As it rises to the top of the well, wet your hands and compress and densify the top skin to as close to flat as you can. The old cardboard filler plates covered with Saran wrap may help to make the cured surface flat. Throw the cardboard filler plates away or sell them to someone who is desperite to preserve originality. When cured, prime and paint to preserve the foam. It works!

I just posted it as it is in the ad.

How hard are these to find parts for? I mean stuff like window rubber and door hinges and chrome?

its pretty dfficult if you dont know where to look or who to talk to. or you can just look in my shop. ive got extra roos and chrome and many 411 sss specific parts that i grab when i see them to keep them from getting thrown out or somethin. yes i horde but in a good way cause ive helped a good few 411 owners get parts they otherwise woodnt be able to locate.

Hey

I'm after so 411 front indicators and maybe some tail lights too....more just for the rubber gasket in the tail light. Also the correct profile for the rubber door seals. Are you able to help with any of this?

I may have the only 411 on the road in New Zealand so am struggling to find the things I need.

James

Hey

I'm after so 411 front indicators and maybe some tail lights too....more just for the rubber gasket in the tail light. Also the correct profile for the rubber door seals. Are you able to help with any of this?

I may have the only 411 on the road in New Zealand so am struggling to find the things I need.

James

For discussion on door seals see "

3 "Universal" Weatherstrip Solutions

" entries below.

Hey

James

i have a few tail light gaskets.... no front indicators. espesically aus spec ones... no door seals here.

Hey

James

Below is a lead on a KIA door seal that can be made to fit a 521 door. Most likely these seals can also be made to fit a 411 since cutting is required. Don't know if Oz has this KIA model but happy hunting!.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/42623-521-door-seals/

Hey

James

Probably not too good for you in New Zealand but this offer in Parts for Sale http://community.ratsun.net/topic/43231-67-520-front-half-parts/ has 1967 pickup forward clip parts for sale. The fenders, hood and front bumper can be coerced into suitable 410 or 411 replacement parts!