Guess what I got today!

One of our local accounts is unfortunately closing it's doors. I called him up and asked if he had any tire machines. As luck would have it, he did. For a steal of a price too! I'm going to be set up for mounting and balancing here before too long! No more tire store for me! I'll need to order the plastic sleeve to do aluminum rims without scratching them up, but I still have to tear off the covers and grease everything and do a test run with a steel wheel. Should work fine though.

tiremachine1.jpg

tiremachine2.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, just that, but I did go down to harbor freight and get a polypropylene 1000 lb furniture dolly to be used as an engine mover for the pile of Sentra mess I'm currently working on.

I really need a proper shop though. Here's what I'm working on. Would be sooooo much easier if I had a lift. I had to pay $100 for this one, but that's a damn good deal. Especially since I got the balancer for free!

sentramotorpull1.jpg

sentramotorpull2.jpg

sentramotorpull3.jpg

Seriously! It's fairly structurally sound, but I either need to move to a new place with a proper shop, or bulldoze this one and build a shop here. Still not sure which way I'm going to go with that.