91 Nissan Pulsar GTIR

Hi everyone, this is my Pulsar I have been working on for about the last year. I got it in pretty bad shape and have done a lot to get it back to drivable. I'm almost done.

She was cut in half at one time and tack welded back together. I then cut it back apart to re-work the body and I just have a few things left to do...

Here she is... I have most of my pics and more details on at the Subaru Forum I'm on...

http://www.sl-i.net/...php?f=7&t=21374

Here are some pics... before and after..

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

Getting some work done...

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6960.jpg

The half cut I got with the car...

IMG_7127.jpg

Together for the most part.... (At my churches car show)

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7234.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

All the welding is done... and ready for paint...

IMG_8424.jpg

IMG_8452.jpg

IMG_8445.jpg

some wiring....

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8572.jpg

IMG_8573.jpg

DASH LIGHTS! Whoo hoo!!!!

IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8805.jpg

IMG_8806.jpg

Thats all for now... Penny is a work in progress... Yes, I named her Penny, since I use so much damned welding wire! haha

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool car, there was a stock one of these at the Olympia Nissan show last summer and i thought it might have been the sweetest car there.

Welcome to Ratsun

You should try to make the Planet Of The Datsuns show in May it`s pretty close to you..

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/42299-planet-of-the-datsuns-meet-may-20th-des-moines-marina/

Pics from past events http://www.bleachgarage.com/events.html

Thanks for the feedback and welcome... I also have another extencive project, but I havent found where to post it...

You should post this on sr20-forum.com man, more pulsar love over there.

I am on there, but havent felt to motivated. I have asked a few things ever there and I get more help on my Subaru forum and I find that sad...

Thats what I call dedication. I have been eyeing one of those at a jdm importer shop. Its all together for like 6800 ore something. What I still do not understand is how to get it licensed in the 48 states?

Take a walk on the wild side... :ninja: $6800 is a good price! Papered ones go for $9-12K...

• 1 month later...

I got a bunch more done, just nothing to really post. I fixed my driver (right) window regulator, but have yet to figure out.

It needed a window motor on the driver door. Got one from a 98 Sentra left rear door. Perfect fit!

Also a friend of mine in Japan from the Subaru Forum found me a set of side mirrors for a good price, so I have just about all my needed parts! Not much work left. B)

I also removed the glass from the frame it was in, sadly I did crack it though... :crying: ... It's still usable so I'm still installing it. I'll get a new one when I can afford it.

IMG_9076.jpg

What I still do not understand is how to get it licensed in the 48 states?

You cannot get a 1991 Pulsar GTiR licensed in any of the 50 states. It doesn't meet DOT requirements. You can get an emissions expemption, but not a DOT exemption.

But if you weld one half of a GTiR to the other half of a USDM Pulsar, then you can get it registered.