Mustang II

0.C.

Has anyone done this into a 521? pics?

I have a spare mustang II front end that I would like to install on my 521, the only thing I'm concern about is the oil pan clearance.

Any advice is appreciated.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil pan clearance, you must mean swapping the rack and pinion? You will have to mount it behind the front wheels like the Mustang and it will be right where the oil pan, torsion bars and exhaust down pipe is I would think.

I meant, if the crossmember would clear the oil pan.

I plan on keeping the stock steering box and linkages.

I now it can be done, but I would like to gather up as much info as possible since this is my daily driver and can't have it in my garage longer than a weekend.

you can sell the spare stang front end for decent coin, so do that and spend the cash for upgrades to the current system. stang 2 isnt all that great unless you put cash into it. cost less to convert what ya got. up here those fronts sell for nearly 2 grand to hotrodders, dont know about where your at.

I don't see a problem with the stock suspension geometry from a driving standpoint. It may not be the best for bags or super low. It does exactly what it was designed to do and does a good job of it. I'm talking about the ball joint version, the king pin setup kinda sucks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 15 years later...
On 5/2/2008 at 4:52 PM, 0.C. said:

I meant, if the crossmember would clear the oil pan.

I plan on keeping the stock steering box and linkages.

I now it can be done, but I would like to gather up as much info as possible since this is my daily driver and can't have it in my garage longer than a weekend.

you could go eclectic steering

• Like 1