[Q] 720 headers fit 521 WITH torsions?

oldskoolvws

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayno, no 720, just a 521. The headers though are for a 720 4x4 78-80. See below. Freshly coated, but the box is gone. I never got it back from Sanderson. I'm glad I took pictures of it before I got them back. Wondering if I should just trade for a coated shorty. And, no my name is not Jerome (header flange) :-)

I believe Grizzly Headers went under around 1991-2. These are oldskool.

img2011030600305.jpg

livermorepleasanton2011.jpg

livermorepleasanton2011.jpg

1002997z.jpg

1002998e.jpg

1002999n.jpg

1003000p.jpg

1003001e.jpg

I don't think that's gonna fit with the torsion bars. I had a long tube very similar to that with the collector in about the same place that was too wide and ran into the torsion bars before it ever made it down far enough.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40039-header-clearance-issues-620/

They are also round port so best to fit a round port head like the W-58. A square port manifold will work with a round port head... but a round port manifold does not seal well to a square port head.

The 720 4x4 has the torsion bars differently placed than the 2wd so I don't know if it will work with the earlier 620/521 trucks.

It's really hard to say what that header is for, as there was no 78 or 79 datsun/nissan 4X4 that I know of, only the 1980 datsun 720(first year for a 4X4) had an L20b in it, 78 and 79 were the 620, which had no 4wd, and 81+ had the napZ engines.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was for the 510s though, but that would be for a 510 guy to determine, as I have never seen a 4X4 long tube header before.