Gonna look at this tomorrow, what should i pay attention to....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad lookin in the pics, and the price is low. just keep in mind resale value wont be too high cause most people think they're ugly. I say if rust is at a minimum, and you like it, go for it, if its as clean as it looks in the pics and runs OK, offer $750. it could look cool with some rims, and lowered, buff the paint...

well its not running... he says he has the title, but no carberator and the ignition switch is messed up but he has a replacement for it. So it that is all, then hopefully a new carb is all it needs. i'm no mechanic but i'm hoping its a simple install. i'll take pics of it tomorrow. exterior, intirior, and engine bay. I do think they are ugly but i refuse to believe that i cant make it respectable. like you said, a drop, some rims, and maybe paint and fender mirrors. the only thing i'm really pumped about is the weird shifter in these. I have never seen one of these cars in person.

Are you getting it because it's the only Datsun that has popped up on craigslist?? You even said in your second post that it was ugly, so it sounds like even you might not like it. Datsuns show up alot from time to time and if you save your money you can have the one that you might really want. Don't jump for the first one you see, alot of times they show up when your not even looking....

Fuzz

If you can't drive it you have no idea if these work or not...

Suspension

Steering

Brakes

Transmission

Clutch

Differential

Does it even run? Does the motor burn oil? Does it overheat? Does it make noises? Does the alternator charge? Loud rotten exhaust system?

If you got it for free it could still cost you thousands of $$ to get this running reliably. It all comes down to risk management. How much money will you risk on this unknown? (plus a carb) (plus tow home) Right now it's worth scrap price or what you might get if you sold the parts..

These are all really good ideas.. Im not buying it tomorrow... Im just going to look at it.. I.ll take pictures and post tomorrow and post em em... Yes I think its ugly... But also cool because theyre so ugly and unique... I.ll tell him that the cars only worth 300 as scrap... And voice my concerns of the unkown condition of the engine and other stuff King Rat mentioned.. I.ll get back to u all tomrrow.. Thx to all.. Keep the iseas coming

Well the car is in el paso, so rust should be minimum, but not a lot of datsuns in el paso so, if you buy it its going to be hard to get parts for it, even if you go to Juarez its going to be hard, but if you really want it go for it. :thumbup: