need a nap z tranny/bellhousing

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all the fs5w71c's are essentially the same from the center forward but the tail shafts vary from model and year. SO, get one from a ka powered vehcile and slap it onto your L-series tranny. peace.

• 2 weeks later...

O.K., so I still need a tranny or bellhousing. I've checked my shitty j/y's down here and they want $200 or more for trannys! CL has shit also! I've got money, someone help me out here, can't drive my truck without it!:mad:

all the fs5w71c's are essentially the same from the center forward but the tail shafts vary from model and year. SO, get one from a ka powered vehcile and slap it onto your L-series tranny. peace.

A KA bell on a L series box will clock the trans wrong.The shifter will lean towards the driver which is no biggie,but the trans mount will not be perpendicular to the cross member.:( Not to mention the input shaft bearings are a different diameter and the shifter rails are bigger on the KA also.

I called the guy on cl from kelso who has a motor/trans, but he wouldn't seperate them. I don't need a z22 motor!

The tranny is clocked to the driver's side right now, that's why I need the nap bell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.