What's the most you ever paid for a lugnut?

I bought these several years ago, I can't say I am happy now, but I have a set of nissan part # 43224-10W00, and I needed 12 of them, I bought them from the nissan dealer in portland, they cost me $22.50 each, $270.00 for 12 lugnuts, I must have been freak'n crazy!

I also bought a set of rear brake drums for the same 3rd member, $240.00 each, and I had to wait several months before they found a second one sitting on a dealer shelf in some town in tenn/arkansas/kentucky.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid 172.00($7.00 a piece) for twenty four of them from Courtesy.The same nuts,Nissan wanted 23.00 a piece for.

At least you were smart enough to look around for a better deal, I was in the mode of get them while you can mode, that's how I ended up with the last two new brake drums in the USA, but that doesn't mean that japan won't fill the order if it gets one.

I guess I should have metioned that they are huge(1 1/16"), they are castle nuts, and they are chrome, they go on the nissan 1 ton(actually 1700lb.) dually rearends, but I can hardly beleave I paid that now, I originally planned on having the 4 dually rims chromed, till they told me how much they wanted, $250.00 each to chrome them.

Hey Wayno, I have some ultra cool factory lugnuts for a 521, I'll sell them to ya for $12 each! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny man huh, what's really funny is I don't have a 521 with 521 brakes anymore, they are all sitting on 720 frames except the work truck, which has hardbody dual piston calipers/vented rotor, and the mentioned dually rearend with $22.50 lugnuts on it, but the ones on it now are used, so they didn't cost as much, I bought the rearend used for a $100.00, and got the lugnuts for free! :P

Get wheels machined with an acorn/tuner lug seat... cheaper than 200$ and you can run aftermarket lugnuts... Problem solved!

if anyone need the service in SoCal, let me know.

Great idea,but in certain applications-it's not that simple.My nuts had a problem,no after market ones had the right diameter and taper on the end.