Does anyone on here do CAD drawings ??

I'm TRYING to find someone to cut my intake and header flanges for my ka24e project. Was wondering if there's any Ratsuners that could hook a guy up and draw up the files so I could just email them to a cutting place??

Also, are there any free or cheap CAD programs I could try??

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' timestamp='1333056277' post='662747']

I can do it...how much ya got? :D

j/k on the how much thing :P

Edit: Do you have the stock flanges or the parts the flanges are bolting to? That would make it much less time consuming....

I got the gaskets for the hole sizes and locations. Then I have a carboard cutout of approx what size I want around the outside(to beef it up basicly)

I was playing with the emachineshop program. I think if I can figure it out it may take forever but it might work!!

Does a ".EMS" file mean anything to you?? Thats how this program wants to save. not sure if that can be transferred to anyones machines.

Just playing with it, trying to learn the buttons I made this today. Not to spec, just playing around trying to figure it out.

flangetest.jpg

Does a ".EMS" file mean anything to you??

If you are using that "EMachineShop" program, the .EMS is probably their own file extension that will only work for their company. (EMS=E Machine Shop) I have never heard of a .EMS file. If you are having these made at a machine shop they are probably going to want a .IGES or .DXF file to work from. You might be able to just take the gasket to the shop have them use it as a template to cut you flanges.

If you were to mail me the gasket I could probably create a CAD file for you.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1333219353' post='663842']

Yeah, with the gaskets you can just scan and then trace in CAD :)

Man, I need a scanner now! :)

I bet I can import it right into eMachineshop

Found out I can export a file from eMachineshop in the .dxf format. Works great!

I do CAD work and the best program that I have used is AutoCAD and there is a free version out there for all ... It is great .

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/free-cad-software

Autodesk Inventor, student version. Free, but requires an email. Adds some banners to the finished project, but the program is fully functional otherwise.

https://students.aut...rl-SG-9-26-2011

Thanks, I'll check them out.