John Carter

Went and saw John Carter last Sat and it was fun. I grew up reading most of E R Burrow's novels (Tarzan) so wanted to see what Disney would do with it. My wife liked it so I'm not sure what that means really. She usually hates shit like that. Many names were the same but the story was totally different. Lynn Collins was fucking hot. Glad the theater was dark.

lynn_collins_4-1024.preview.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKTUeiqzPxo&feature=related

Was it the greatest movie ever.... no. But it was fun to watch. There are lots of movies that are great fun to watch but weren't that popular. Now they say it was a flop?... meh.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a huge fan of Burroughs' Barsoom books, I worry that I will be disappointed. Should I go to the theater loaded so as to deaden the pain that I will feel as Disney hacks at my childhood?

You too? I read all 21? Tarzan and 10 Barsoom novels (the third person 11th I thought a fake) Carson of Venus, the moon men and the pelluicidar series. I got caught in gr. 8 reading one and the teacher took it away. I went out at noon an bought another. The next day she asked if I wanted it back, I said no I bought another and finished it. Lol

They are comparing it to Ishtar-that's how bad it bombed.

Hey, lots of movies bomb because it didn't have wide market appeal. And yes it may have/will bomb but it was ok and fun, I don't care. Means I'll get a copy quicker out of the $5 bin at WallMart.

Speaking of critically panned movies ,,Howard the Duck and Water world..... were both beat-up but i totally enjoyed them both....Of course they are unbelievable in every sense of the word, but if i wanted real life i would just stay home..

Went and saw John Carter last Sat and it was fun. I grew up reading most of E R Burrow's novels (Tarzan) so wanted to see what Disney would do with it. My wife liked it so I'm not sure what that means really. She usually hates shit like that. Many names were the same but the story was totally different. Lynn Collins was fucking hot. Glad the theater was dark.

lynn_collins_4-1024.preview.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKTUeiqzPxo&feature=related

Was it the greatest movie ever.... no. But it was fun to watch. There are lots of movies that are great fun to watch but weren't that popular. Now they say it was a flop?... meh.

I'll tell you why she liked it, there was a love story in it! I saw it at the IMax 3D and it was pretty good, and my wife liked it too. Normally she hates SiFy. :thumbup: