woot, more component identification!!! what are these wores and hoses!?!

Llittle_Llama

trying to clean up some more, this will be my project wiring thread (kiznook) so please help me either cut these out, or tape them up so i can continue taping up my wires and get my damn dash re-installed, WOOT!!!

0op9090op006.jpg

0op9090op009.jpg

ok, i don't remember what these connect to, but i know it's not the wiper, headlight or dimmer switch, lol

0op9090op013.jpg

0op9090op015.jpg

same with these two, no idea what it goes to, lol....any ideas?

0op9090op017.jpg

0op9090op018.jpg

and this one was taped with blue tape to the harness in the pic below that goes to the wiped motor. connected to nothing and all up in my shiznit!

0op9090op019.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've got the L16 intake then take a look at it and compare before taking any hoses off. If any of the lines on the L16 manifold match any ones you've got on the current intake, then just replace them. No need to pull anything off this intake if you're installing the L16 anyway.

As for the wires, I've got no clue... but, you could always trying applying some 12VDC power to them and seeing what happens. :D

0op9090op006.jpg

0op9090op009.jpg

The top two photos are the plug that goes to the tach or clock. Just tape it up onto the harness and leave it alone. If you fuck with this you may ground out your ignition and not be able to start. Tape up, leave alone.

0op9090op013.jpg

0op9090op015.jpg

To do with air conditioner. Black goes to ground, Blue to ignition on/accy careful it powers the radio too, Green/Blue and Red/Blue are for illumination. (dash lights) What can I say, tape up and leave alone.

0op9090op017.jpg

0op9090op018.jpg

To do with air conditioner. Blue joins somewhere to the Blue/Red on the wiper motor and also the washer motor. The White joins other wires that go back to the fuse box. So watch what you cut or you'll loose wipers/washer or maybe power to something. Blue is already off so follow the White back to the next join and trim it off just before, and tape up well. The White will have power so you do not want it touching anything.

0op9090op023.jpg

The flat metal plate with the two rusty bolts is where the EGR used to be. It's been removed and that is a block off plate.

The rusty pipe coming out toward the driver's fender is a vacuum source for the carb heat in the stock air filter snorkel and it anti backfire valve, maybe something else. make sure there are no leaks.

The rusty pipe going to the rear has the PCV valve in the end where the large hose is clamped to it. The large hose goes to the crank case vent in the block just below the two manifolds. It's very important that this pipe is connected and stays connected.

The EGR is gone. If you remove the EGR manifold you'll have a huge vacuum leak and will have to make another block off plate. How will you connect the PCV to it??? Just leave it alone and use the L16 intake. Then everything will be taken care of and it will work, look even better.

but my pvc hose isn't connected.....am i missing something? you can see it in the second carb pic.....

there is just a tube on the valve cover with nothing going to it. i was gunna install one of those ricer filters just to cap it off, lots of air comes out, lol...god i sound like a noob, im really REALLY tired.....

trying to clean up some more, this will be my project wiring thread (kiznook) so please help me either cut these out, or tape them up so i can continue taping up my wires and get my damn dash re-installed, WOOT!!!

So what was wrong with the last thread that you started about your wiring? Good idea, just start a new one. And i see that you still have not bothered to figure out how to read the wiring diagram. Did you just rip the entire dash out and label nothing?

but my pvc hose isn't connected.....am i missing something? you can see it in the second carb pic.....

there is just a tube on the valve cover with nothing going to it. i was gunna install one of those ricer filters just to cap it off, lots of air comes out, lol...god i sound like a noob, im really REALLY tired.....

The pipe on the valve cover is for air to get in and is usually piped from the air filter. The PCV I mentioned is the large hose, follow it down behind the exhaust manifold to the side of the block. Engine vacuum draws fumes and water vapor out of the inside of the motor, drawing fresh air in through the valve cover. You could put a tiny ricer filter on the end of the pipe on the valve cover. This is why it is usually run to the air stock filter. Under hard throttle it's possible to produce more blow by than the PCV valve can suck up, any extra will back up and come out the valve cover pipe and dribble all over. If it was on the air filter the carb would inhale it. Check the base of that Weber air filter thers may be a place to hook a tube from it to the valve cover. Nice and neat, no fumes or oil spray.

trying to clean up some more' date=' this will be my project wiring thread (kiznook) so please help me either cut these out, or tape them up so i can continue taping up my wires and get my damn dash re-installed, WOOT!!!

So what was wrong with the last thread that you started about your wiring? Good idea, just start a new one. And i see that you still have not bothered to figure out how to read the wiring diagram. Did you just rip the entire dash out and label nothing?[/quote']

It's easier to leave that shit alone.

It's easier to leave that shit alone.

planned on it, lol. so as soon as i wake up tomorrow i will identify my carb then finish my wiring and re-install my dash. then i wait till my new intake comes in and get to work on that FUN FUN FUN! imma tape up all the wires and then take a few pics. yes i can read a wiring diagram, but there were a lot of things missing as far as connections and i would rather ask before cutting.

See this is what happens to cars and trucks. You purchase one and find out all the wiring is F'd up cause some rookie "knew how to wire". Never fails every vehicle I have owned has wiring problems, but not now:D

If you seriously didn't know where some of these wires went and didn't happen to see numerous threads about 620 wiring harness....I will give you no help, because I know you seen them but like always decided to start a new thread about it. And I thought this was your wiring thread not carb thread, better start a new one:lol:

In all seriousness, get a wiring diagram, they are worth their weight in gold when you need them. And your carb...well.....I think it runs on 5 dollar bills.