New guy here

hello everyone, i am new here. Just bought a 75 B210 hatchback, four speed, Sherwood green, got it from a friend of mine that has a salvage yard. I bought it because the first car I remember my parents having was a shrewood green 78 B210 hatch. I brought it home yesterday. Today I drained the gas, stuck a battery in it and got it to start up after adjusting the points and some minor tinkering.

this little car seems to run well, and the hydraulic clutch still works, I got most of the lights working. I bought a set of Iron Cross 280Z wheels from the junkyard for it, because I really thought those little 13x 4 or 5 steel wheels were just awful.

I do have some questions for everyone. I really need to repair my driver door, and I might just need a set of hinges. Will early 280Z hinges fit? The junkyard here HAD a B210 and I asked them not to crush it until I got this one home, but it somehow slipped through the cracks. I have new calipers and pads from a crummy old 76 280Z a friend of mine dumped on me, will those fit a B210?

Anyone know where I can buy a new brake master cylinder? Im betting mine is JUNK

Oh, I should probably mention, my friend said this was a powerful little car, I dont know how he didnt notice the Weber carburetor on it. I am curious about my possible ful mileage.

Thanks in advance for all the helpful pointers

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys and possibly girls. I have been kind of busy today. And I have no idea how to load pictures or I would already have some up.

I sort of fixed my door hinge problem. I pulled the door off, ignored the sheetmetal reapir needed, took a prybar and popped the little spring out of the hinge, then cut the little door hold arm off with bolt cutters. Pulled the fender back out with my 10 pound slidhammer, and bolted the door back on. Still fugly, but at least it opens and closes. Took one of my calipers off and set it next to 280Z calipers I have and they are completely different. So I have two brand new paperweights. Pulled the driver rear brake drum and the shoes off, wheel cylinder didnt seem to want to come off so I stuck a reebuild kit in it while it was still on the car. Ran out of daylight so Ill do the pass side tomorrow. Not that it would matter, I am only getting pressure to the front brakes for some reason. I have to mount one more tire tomorrow too. I relly think those 13 inch wheels re a bad joke. :poop:

So...anybody got any parts or know where I can find some???:w00t:

I can probably find any 280Z part anyone might want, theres like 10 of them at a friends junkyard

One other thing....just in case I kill the little 1.4

My car is a four speed...and I have a 2.4 with the 8 spark plugs from a 720 pickup in the shed...I think it would be awesome if I could put that motor in the car...might require a welded diff though:D

Ok somebody got them up here, thaks. Ill have to study up on how to do that. And I will have to take some more pics once I have daylight tomorrow, I have been busy on that little car. Oh, and everybody please cut me some slack on that crap trailer I had to use, some lowlife stole my 7x18 dovetail a couple years ago