Project LS 521

pugz

BEEN SOME SET BACKS, THE WHOLE TRUCK ISNT GOING TO SEMA NOW, BUT THE FRAME WILL BE THERE AND WILL BE FULLY DETAILED, PAINTED, POWDERED, AND CHROMED. WERE JSUT RUNNING OUT OF TIME, AND I DONT WANT TO CUT ANY CORNERS ON PAINT AND BODY

Well that's no fun... What troubles did you run into?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just got caught up on this thread and all i can say is holy fuckbunnies that rear suspension is amazing but i have noticed a few things

please tell me your not sticking with that grade 5 hardware

and since the links are flat peices and not tubular or have any kind of angles are you worried about strength at all?

BEEN SOME SET BACKS, THE WHOLE TRUCK ISNT GOING TO SEMA NOW, BUT THE FRAME WILL BE THERE AND WILL BE FULLY DETAILED, PAINTED, POWDERED, AND CHROMED. WERE JSUT RUNNING OUT OF TIME, AND I DONT WANT TO CUT ANY CORNERS ON PAINT AND BODY

that sux. but glad to hear part of it will make it

Well that's no fun... What troubles did you run into?

THE MOTOR FITAMENT CAUSED US ALOT MORE HEADACHES THAN WE HAD ANTICIPATED.

just got caught up on this thread and all i can say is holy fuckbunnies that rear suspension is amazing but i have noticed a few things

please tell me your not sticking with that grade 5 hardware

and since the links are flat peices and not tubular or have any kind of angles are you worried about strength at all?

IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT STRENGTH, AND IM REWORKING A COUPLE THINGS BACK THERE THAT IM NOT SHOWING OFF TILL THE SHOW. BUT ONCE ITS DONE ITLL BE ALOT STRONGER THAN IT IS NOW

that sux. but glad to hear part of it will make it

YA, WE GOTTA TAKE SOMETHING. SO MIGHT AS WELL JSUT BE THE FRAME. WE WERE GOING TO PATINA THE BODY AND DETAIL THE FRAME, BUT ID RATHER NOT DO THAT EITHER.

• 2 weeks later...

well, unfortunatley some last minute things are gona keep this thing from making it to sema. just dont want to cut corners atthe last minute just to make it to vegas. ive got entirely too much money in this truck to start cutting corners now.

but for an update. i had the link bars redone in 1/2" steel cut out on a water jet.

i-x3pSsZB-L.jpg

and also had Ryan's sheetmetal Designs work my up a small displzy stand for it too

i-B2zSZG6-L.jpg

now, since im not making sema, there is going to be some extra details added to the build, and im thinking about changing up the paint scheme also. i have a new rendering already made up, but dont want to post it untill the truck is a litte further along. so stay tuned to this. im not quitting, theres not going to be a stop, im still trying to raise the bar a little here and there on this thing.

side question pugs..... so when this truck was on satin 17" eskies did u have to open up the wheel wells for clearance while i t was bagged....i can see that the inners have been trimmed out but it looks close to me....my goal for my truck when i start it is to be framed on those same wheels ... but dont wanna have to tub the firewall or remove the inner fenders ....live in washington and plan to drive the truck in the rain....

sorry to hear u wont make it to sema...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok well back to this.

its turkey drag crunch time now...... will be at the show this weekend as a raw rolling chassis but complete.

john making new stuff and final welding the chassis. looks like the truck exploded in this pic

59018_467390089978458_1157189600_n.jpg

i-bxxjPWm-L.jpg

gettin there....radiator and body mounts all finished up..

59681_4122249259001_1770682203_n.jpg