Computer talk and some vids of the games I play

Over the winter, I'm been bored and gaming some here and there. More now since the place I worked for closed its doors. I used to game on a state of the art Alienware laptop but it got stolen and I don't have another 5k to dish out for a new one. Instead I built an insane looking computer based on my old 5yr old rig. 100% Acrylic case, Abit Fatal1ty socket 939 with AMD Athlon FX60, 4GB DDR400 ram, Zotac 8800GT 512MB in SLI, old WD Raptor HD, and a few other cheap hard drives. I turned my old 32" LCD TV into my computer monitor.

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

Over the years I've played alot of different games, here are a couple video's I took of the game play. One is Need For Speed Shift and the other is Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Both games older now, but still fun to play. I also threw in a couple from the game FEAR 2 for about a year ago.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I hope spring like weather gets here soon, I want to spend more time working on the Datsun's than playing games.

Those speakers are insane, way more than anyone needs. I can't run the bottom ones much because the bass travels too easily and irritates the neighbors - which are a good walk away.

I just realized I made a typo, computer has 2gb ram instead of 4....

i wish my computer would run the need for speed games it meets all the specs but they want a specific video card that i dont have :(

8800GT video cards are cheap, alot of power for how cheap. $50 - cheap

F.E.A.R saga is one of the games that really gave me goosebumps. Right now im playing battelfield3, and soon to purchase is NFS Run......240z is for you to choose at the beggining, just dont get caught by the police or you will loose it. I know this because I downloaded it to try, sometimes games are not worth what they are asked for, but for being a game built with frostbite2.....it deserves the money.

I will soon sell my setup for getting an upgrade, I need it now.

F.E.A.R saga is one of the games that really gave me goosebumps. Right now im playing battelfield3, and soon to purchase is NFS Run......240z is for you to choose at the beggining, just dont get caught by the police or you will loose it. I know this because I downloaded it to try, sometimes games are not worth what they are asked for, but for being a game built with frostbite2.....it deserves the money.

I will soon sell my setup for getting an upgrade, I need it now.

I'm downloading nfs the run atm, its gunna be a few more days. I only have 1/2 meg DSL. I dont know how well its going to run on this setup, but i'm sure it will be at least playable. Anyways I plan to do more upgrades to this computer eventually, like a Zotak 560 series or 570 series video card. Ram for this old rig is expensive compared to everything els. I'm also looking into a different 32" LCD that 1080p, this one is a pile of crap.

i believe that the 8800gt in SLi, will do the work, low detail but will hold, Im not quite sure about the cpu. As long as you dont have lag on the movement its ok, detail will come later hehe.

I have a 460 SLi and those cards are awesome!!!Soon to have the 5 series SLi.

i believe that the 8800gt in SLi, will do the work, low detail but will hold, Im not quite sure about the cpu. As long as you dont have lag on the movement its ok, detail will come later hehe.

I have a 460 SLi and those cards are awesome!!!Soon to have the 5 series SLi.

if you get the 5 series before i do, you should sell me your 460's lol

I'm die hard nvidia video card, AMD processors, and Datsun pickups. I never had a good ATI card, every used one I bought was dead and I heard most of them have driver issues.

Thats why I was real bummed when my Alienware Laptop was stolen, It was AMD socket 939 desktop processor with nvidia 7800GTX in it. It was only 25fps slower in a benchmark than this setup I run now.