...saw it and I had to buy it!!!

Got rid of my first 510 project in search for a more complete driver project, in my search I ran across this and had to have it! Been wanting one for about 5 years with no luck finding a clean one since parts are super super super rare. But I found it and got it! There she is...1969 Toyota Corona...Clean Clean Clean original 87k miles automatic Toyoglide Tranny and working AC!!!

Corona2.jpg

Corona1.jpg

Coronainterior.jpg

Coronacluster.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So nice! Love it. She is beautiful. Plans for her?

For now just get rid of those wheels and maybe a little slammage would be in the works. Its so clean and original that I dont wanna touch it for now. Driving it back last night after I got it about an hour away my buddy was doing about 70 all the way home effortlessly. Only issue is it seems to need either new bushings or have the steering box adjusted. It sways a bit side to side you have to fight with it a bit driving it at around 70 lol

Fuck yeah!

When I went to go my 521, this was in the parking lot before Datsun owner showed up...

DSC04820.jpg

DSC04818.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

And when this showed up...

DSC04824.jpg

...it made my offer go down considerably.

:lol:

Lady came out that owned the Corona.

Cool lady. I offered her all the money in my pocket.

She said no.

Less cool lady. And I drove off being cooler in my Datsun.

• 2 weeks later...

Freakin sweet. I have a 68 Corona. The drums locked up in the rain and I smashed the front a little. you say theres RX-7 discs on yours? Is there more you can tell me? I wont put mine back on the road until I have discs. (Ive been looking for 71-73 corona parts, heard those bolt in)

That sucks huh!! Well yea I was told by the owner they are rx7 disc conversions in the front but im not sure from what year. But that's all I know. Coronas are new to me, so I don't know much. Once I get some info I will let you know. Also forums aren't that great for these cars but nice they are.

• 1 month later...

Im having this problem now...its an automatic 2 speed Toyoglide transmission, if the kickdown linkage rod is not connected to the throttle linkage and the kickdown rod its pushed all the way down, would that prevent the tranny from shifting from first to second???

My dad had a car just like that, but a 68. He got it bran new when he was in college. He said it was the biggest pos he had, next to his Chevy... haha... He kinda wants another one, but a manual. He had a tone of problems with the Toyotglide...

I scrapped a 69 MKII Corona about a year ago... So far gone it couldnt be saved. I like that one for sure! Super clean and very rare now!