making my own lines....

burrito213

so i just bought a decent brake tubing double flaring kit and was wondering if there was certain size for the 320 to use for brake line?

i am assuming 3/16 but i am not too sure. spent the last half hour looking for threads saying so and carparts manual just shows the brake lines, not the dimentions unless i am wrong.

any help?

thank you.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you running stock brakes? That sounds close ...

Planning for upgrades? (Nows a good time ;-)

Org restoration?

What are your exact concerns? :)

Summit racing, speedway, and Jegs all sell brake line tubing kits, with ends, sleeves and good stuff .... but the ends you need may not match up .... more likely not ...

For thicker BIGGER brake line, ,,, a cheaply bended may or may not do it ...

While bending brake lines ... consider bending and running new fuel lines if metal :)

I will end up in your position as i will be running yota 4x4 quad piston calipers up front and ford lsd 8.8 rear rotor/rear disc brake calipers in the rear of my 71 240z ....

If your super unsure .... go to a parts store .... look at different pre-made brake line lengths and diameters ... than ask questions to clerk.

Better yet pm mklotz70 he would have a good idea :cool:

haha...yup

i am doing a disk/drum conversion using mklotz brackets that will help with the braking.

this is what i have so far and plan to get:

double reservoir m/c ...forgot which one for the moment but will look iy up when i get home

720 calipers... i think this is what charlie69 said to buy and what Wayno said i had on his winshie;d drop off

stock drums in the back

lisle #31310 double brake line flaring kit

2 different type brake line tube benders from HarborFrieght

plan to get (if the correct one)

eastwoods 25' brake line tubing 3/16 diameter with asst. fittings... steel tubing

Some good lines to use would be

Your body is a wonderland and I want to be Alice

Or

I'm like pudding, I might look like crap but I'll suffice if you're wanting some sugar.

You're seriously going to post this shit?.. dude... that's not even funny... I'm past the point of taking a joke... you are an asshole!

I don't go out there jacking up peoples thread seeking information. You shouldn't either.

Hey burrito, I just use nissan 720 brake lines usually, if I need a SAE threaded fitting, I just cut the metric stuff off, put the SAE fitting on the metric line and double flare the end of it.

To me they are the same size line, the fittings have the same amount of play, and I have had no issues at all.

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is, take your time and do it right, don't get mad if you make a mistake, have a plan, and focus on one line at a time, have your brake master cylinder installed before you do the lines.

When you start to flare the ends of the tubing, there is a fitting that you put in the end of the tube to start the flare, when you pull that part off the tube, do not pull it side to side to remove it from the tubing, twist and pull strait away, any other way will break that part of the flairing tool.

If you need any help with the line fabrication, just call me, every vehicle I own has brake lines I have made except for the mini, and I have done it so many times, I can walk you threw it over the phone.

what size are the 720 brake lines?

i would like to play with my old lines (cutting a piece off and trying a double flare) but it doesnt look too hard to make a double flare. nothing like you tube to help the situation out.

and thank you Wayno. i am sure there is at least someone else that is curious to know "how to" on doing there own lines.

i will shoot you a pm or call if i run into any issues. ;)