my little 720

newby720

okay guys thanks for having me to your forum ive heard great stuff about this forum. happy to be here :)

okay guys i just bought a 1982 datsun 720 pickup single cab. and i wanna do a coupole things to it as soon as i get it

i wanna lower it a reasonable amount

and i was wanting to put a quick release i just dont know if it will work i have the hub and quick release along with the steering wheel from my old s12 and i am hoping it works

and last but not least i want to have a good sound to it a small growl or something right now it sounds like a vewry old truck that cant go past 50 mph lol

if yall could send me the right direction that would be great thankyou

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have to wade through a lot of crap but there is some info on how to lower a 620/720 here.. http://community.rat...ook-here-first/ Give it a read and ask some questions. Generally you can lower a few inches at the front by turning the torsion bars down. Keep in mind that this will affect your steering geometry increasingly the lower you go... mainly camber and toe. A lower truck tends to hit things easier. The cheapest easiest way to lower the back is with a set of blocks. I would avoid removing leaves from your springs as this will 'soften' it and allow more travel... the last thing you want on a lowered truck is more suspension travel that hits the ground.

More growl? Totally avoid any straight through 'muffler'. Maybe a turbo type with sound absorbing inner liner.

Before someone rips you for it..... post a few pictures of your '81.

• 2 weeks later...

man, she looks pretty cleen... Congrts on the Dottie, and welcome to the forum. You'll get about 3" with the torsion bar turn down. There are other threads on here with pics of it. Give ya an ideal of what it will look like.

Newish 720 owner here, second page. Give ya some pics of the drop... He has a great thread, should read through it all when ya get a chance.

thanks guys i had the truck for 2 days thats it dudes, the guy had freaking title problems and couldnt figure them out so i didnt want to risk it so i couldnt have it guys i tried sorry. i know the bumper is from a 96 mazda pickup truck

the truck was in great condition and i was so pissed when he kept coming up with BS after BS

thanks guys i had the truck for 2 days thats it dudes, the guy had freaking title problems and couldnt figure them out so i didnt want to risk it so i couldnt have it guys i tried sorry. i know the bumper is from a 96 mazda pickup truck

the truck was in great condition and i was so pissed when he kept coming up with BS after BS

:crying:

• 11 months later...