Indeys Silly Honda

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no way man. you got a nice del sol. that things pretty clean. i like stock bodied lowered hondas with mild yet good looking wheels and a deep mellow exhaust. not loud either. and then it can be around 220hp like swapping a stock H22A4 and you have a light, good handling, reliable, and fuel efficient car that doesnt attract too many cops like everyone elses honda. SLEEPER!!

H22's are nice but realistically if the car ever gets swapped to anything else it will be a k20 and or a k24/k20 hybrid, especially since we do that all day long at work :lol:

The funny part is at this particular point in the cars life that you're seeing the car was horribly riced out to me it was really bad. Nothing like what I'm used to driving.

Regardless I got a set of EDM Auxiliary lights off of a friend to replace where the horrible autozone fogs were. With these cars there were 2 main versions of the auxiliary lights, european...and everywhere else. Europe got glass lights with less fluting on the lenses, where as everyone else got plastic lights with a LOT of fluting. Reason being in Europe the auxiliary lights are actually high beams. I also picked up a brand new set of side reflectors to cover up the ugly holes in the bumper. Not that I exactly liked the reflectors either...but it was better than holes :cool:

8-9-08014.jpg

8-9-08013.jpg

8-9-08012.jpg

i've heard it the other way around about the h22 vs the k20/24. i just used that motor for example. idk why i like it so much. i guess its cuz my uncle used to have a prelude and i loved it.

It's all good there's nothing wrong with an H22 at all, it's a great motor. It just feels a bit out of place in a car like this to me though.

well the vg is a lot bigger. and they can sound pretty mean. ka and vg are probably my two favorite "modern" swaps for identical reasons. they are plentiful, cheap, they have aftermarket support. they can handle a lot of power, and when they are stock, they are reliable.

Wow, the cockpit looks like a great design. I should sell one of my Datsuns and get a modern high-fuel-efficiency car like the Del Sol. I had a CB Accord with F22A, and although a little big for my liking, it was a great car driven slow or driven hard. My Datsun is only fun when driven hard.

Makesure you can FIT in a delsol first.

Makes a 620 reg cab look big.

Makesure you can FIT in a delsol first.

Makes a 620 reg cab look big.

There's a surprising amount of leg room in these cars, height however...might be an issue.

So! While merging onto a freeway one day, an Element was infront of me and it dropped what looked like a rubber brick infront of me. I didn't have much time to avoid it so I had to run it over, which was quite bad. It ruined my header, bounced over and hit my transmission knocking some bearings loose, and then when all was said and done I ended up with rod knock, Needless to say I was not happy. I took this opportunity to start gathering parts.

Integra Type R oil pump, Gs-R waterpump and timing belt.

10-9-08003.jpg

Bummer. How big was the brick thing?

Brick sized :lol: , really though it was about the size of your standard red brick, and it didn't look like it would do too much since it looked very.....rubbery. clearly I was wrong :cool:

A friend of mine had a del sol. I had to cross my left leg under the right and when I clutched my knee hit the steering wheel biggrin.gif

Maybe I'm just short so it's never been a problem :huh::P

well the vg is a lot bigger. and they can sound pretty mean. ka and vg are probably my two favorite "modern" swaps for identical reasons. they are plentiful, cheap, they have aftermarket support. they can handle a lot of power, and when they are stock, they are reliable.

i see it this way whats the point in going threw all the work for a swap if you still have a 4 banger? and the vg came in na turbo and supercharged versions so theres alot of room to play around with it

anyway end thread jack back to your regularly scheduled honduh

B16 head and transmission, B20 bottom end :cool:

ah. b4 i got my datto, i was looking at an 88 teg for $500 and i asked my uncle about what a good swap would be and he said b18 with b16 head and tranny. i wanted to do this to it. Panda teg's FTW!!

pandaIntergra6.jpg

EDIT: after looking at that pic, it gives me a new styling idea for my car since my wheels are very similar to those. gold spoke meshies in contrast to white and black looks good.

not a bad looking del sol. I used to be all about hondas before dattos. owned a number of em

96 si with jdm b18c and type r cam

IMG_3589.jpg

94 cx d16, d15b head, boosted, just under 300 whp

IMG_3376.jpg

00 ex low and slow

EK.jpg

thanks for sharing ur build with us! I still love hondas. just no room with all the dattos i want too haha

ah. b4 i got my datto, i was looking at an 88 teg for $500 and i asked my uncle about what a good swap would be and he said b18 with b16 head and tranny. i wanted to do this to it. Panda teg's FTW!!

EDIT: after looking at that pic, it gives me a new styling idea for my car since my wheels are very similar to those. gold spoke meshies in contrast to white and black looks good.

That was max's integra it was quite nice, I dunno if he still has it but he was always going through wheels. His car was the best 1st gen integra I've ever seen.

not a bad looking del sol. I used to be all about hondas before dattos. owned a number of em

thanks for sharing ur build with us! I still love hondas. just no room with all the dattos i want too haha

Man I get that, I'm having trouble wanting to stay motivated with my del Sol now that I have the Z, and I want a 510 and all sorts of other crap, I think there should be a disease classified for datsun owners :P

My friend taking out the last bits holding the motor in place

10-13-08001.jpg

Not too many pictures of the work cause I was lazy.. but

The B20V pretty much assembled!

10-13-08002.jpg

And it's back in the car! One day turn around and everything :cool:

10-13-08004.jpg

Also as a random... I picked up mudguards, floormats, and a shiftboot somewhere along the way.

10-13-08003.jpg

one good thing about honda's at least the 90's and before. idk about newer ones. engine compartment is very open and is bigger at the top, so everything comes up and out nice and easily, same with datsuns. me and my dad had it down to a day and a half for a EFI jeep cherokee. everything fits tight and there are a lot of things to unhook and unbolt on those, not to mention everything is very heavy in those. i could swap a RWD a series in probably 5 hours total if the engine going in runs properly. that would be quick work but i think its possible to do it properly that quickly. that would be a fun challenge.

one good thing about honda's at least the 90's and before. idk about newer ones. engine compartment is very open and is bigger at the top, so everything comes up and out nice and easily, same with datsuns. me and my dad had it down to a day and a half for a EFI jeep cherokee. everything fits tight and there are a lot of things to unhook and unbolt on those, not to mention everything is very heavy in those. i could swap a RWD a series in probably 5 hours total if the engine going in runs properly. that would be quick work but i think its possible to do it properly that quickly. that would be a fun challenge.

Newer engine bays are HORRIBLY small, and the engine typically sits half way under the dashboard, you actually end up having to drop it out the bottom of the car typically now. It's kinda sad, like you said with 90's cars in general, everything was easy to get to.

After a wash..

10-13-08pt2011.jpg

10-13-08pt2009.jpg

10-13-08pt2006.jpg

10-13-08pt2004.jpg