Indeys Silly Honda

Alright so before I had my 280z I used to own pretty much only honda's. I've had quite a few of them...

95' Integra LS

98' Integra Gs-R

89' Crx Si

92' Civic Hatch Dx

98' Civic Hatch Dx

and finally I still own a

1993 Honda del Sol S

It sits in the garage most of its life now...but I still have a lot to do to it.

Regardless here's how it started....it was in poor shape when I got it.

It had eBay headlights, autozone "auxiliary" lights, missing side reflectors, many of the interior bits were missing or broken, and all in all was just.... no good.

I swapped over a few parts from my old EK hatch when I got it.

- Function Form Type 2 Coilovers

- Konig Helium Wheels

- Valve Cover

- Fender Bolts

- Intake

- License Plate Bolts

- Shift Knob

- Gas Cap

and a few random other parts that I can't remember right now.

It looked like this at the time.

fsstuff003.jpg

fsstuff002.jpg

fsstuff001.jpg

It was very.... stereotypical ricer honda at the time.

But under the hood it did have a JDM B16 and it was Bar'd for a Integra motor... so it wasn't ALL bad.

Anyways I'll update this thread through its progression to where it is now as I see fit, hope none of you mind the absurd little FWD girls car :lol:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What made you pick the name "Indey"??? ....... . I see you use it on other forums,,,, so I guess you're not a troll

...... but you had tires on your 280z over 3 months ago ,, ,, <_< ...... . I'm waiting till i see a picture taken this year to determine troll status ... :lol:

It's been my nickname for a long long time and most people know me by it so I use it everywhere :P

and you're right the tires/wheels have been on the z for a while now, but when I post a build thread I like to do small updates so it stays alive longer, instead of just putting up everything all at once :)

and a new picture taken this year of which car? the z or the del sol?

How does the Sol compare to the CRX?

I remember the del Sol well from back when they were new. They weren't always driven by younger women. It looked fun and drivers loved to remove the roof panels.

I personally think it's much better than a CRX also aptly named "gods chariot"

Styling wise it's nicer looking, It's longer and softer so it rides better and a lot less like a tin can. Handling wise it's a great car it turns very well and I really do enjoy driving it. However due to the added weight (which isn't even a lot) people brushed the del sol off as a car that can perform. It's a great car though.

I personally think it's much better than a CRX also aptly named "gods chariot"

Styling wise it's nicer looking, It's longer and softer so it rides better and a lot less like a tin can. Handling wise it's a great car it turns very well and I really do enjoy driving it. However due to the added weight (which isn't even a lot) people brushed the del sol off as a car that can perform. It's a great car though.

i've always heard that they were the heaviest compact honda and the crx was the lightest.

i've always heard that they were the heaviest compact honda and the crx was the lightest.

the crx came in around 1900, the eg civic 2100, the del sol 2300, the ek civic 2400, in the grand scheme of things they are "heavier" but by a few hundred pounds

what is it? :D

You'll just have to wait and see :P

Here's more fun in the meantime though..

Here was the tiny B16, more issues, the oem radiator support had the lower mounts cut off for the radiator, so it was held up with wire which you can kinda see holding it at the top.

6-12-08011.jpg

MIssing shift boot..

6-12-08010.jpg

Broken Glove Box and radio door

6-12-08008.jpg

6-12-08006.jpg

6-12-08003.jpg

6-12-08002.jpg

i dont know them by the valve covers. i like the b16a's. all the honda's i've seen that sound really good have an a2 in them.

The A3 is a slightly better version of the A2 it had roughly 10 more hp and was found in the del Sol SiR in the land of Japan. It also had a much higher vtec engagement (5500) vs the normal 4400 RPM.

yea. my favorite sounding hondas on youtube are built a2's they are more common cuz they were USDM.

Nice, they're a good motor for the size it is, it produces a good deal of power for being so small.

And cause im bored at work....

More stuff!

I picked up some EG Sidemarkers

7-2-08.jpg

Then one of my autozone "auxiliary" lights fell out on the freeway :lol: stupid previous owner using those, I just removed them.

7-7-08.jpg

And finally I had ordered some fabric to play around with...

7-14-08001.jpg

7-14-08002.jpg

7-14-08003.jpg

7-14-08004.jpg

Wow, the cockpit looks like a great design. I should sell one of my Datsuns and get a modern high-fuel-efficiency car like the Del Sol. I had a CB Accord with F22A, and although a little big for my liking, it was a great car driven slow or driven hard. My Datsun is only fun when driven hard.

Wow, the cockpit looks like a great design. I should sell one of my Datsuns and get a modern high-fuel-efficiency car like the Del Sol. I had a CB Accord with F22A, and although a little big for my liking, it was a great car driven slow or driven hard. My Datsun is only fun when driven hard.

somethings wrong with yours then. i like mine however i drive it.

Oddly enough one of the main things that drew me to a del sol was the interior design. It's an extremely nice interior, everything was well designed in it. I'm also used to accords of different generations (my moms had nothing but accords really) so I've driven them quite a bit, they're also good, but I can agree that they are a bit big.

It's a very slow day at work.... here's more stuff!

So I had this issue where my 1st Gen Skunk2 Upper Camber arms would hit my strut towers, and it was starting to bend them... So I replaced them here's the old ones, and you can see the bolts for the camber adjustment on the top of the arm

P1010016.jpg

New ones with the bolts moved under the arms for clearance.

P1010013-1.jpg

I also picked up some Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings, and a headunit!

P1010015-1.jpg

P1010014-1.jpg

sorry i saw it was a del sol and thought of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-7Rvc2qLHc&list=FLXDnbYdIyzGQ7Q3wObJSlXg&feature=mh_lolz

all kidding aside its actually really clean

How the hell did you find a video with my car in its current state?!?!?!:blink:

No really though I know del Sol's are typically subject to being completely riced out with some huge fiberglass body kit and wing and well... just like the one in that video!

None of that here though :D

no way man. you got a nice del sol. that things pretty clean. i like stock bodied lowered hondas with mild yet good looking wheels and a deep mellow exhaust. not loud either. and then it can be around 220hp like swapping a stock H22A4 and you have a light, good handling, reliable, and fuel efficient car that doesnt attract too many cops like everyone elses honda. SLEEPER!!