Crusty the roach mobile

Lookie what the cat drug in. First datsun of the island and potentials the only 210 hatch still on the road too.

Here is the new money dump.

79 datsun 210 hatchback. This car has a huge budget and I don't plan on selling it or moving any time soon. We'll see how that treats it.

Needs a carb!!!!!

Drove to my house that was about it.

4299b7c8.jpg

Sitting at the previous owners

79ba74e4.jpg

Guy was excellent helpful and an all around great dude. He imports parts etc so hopefully get some cool wheels and help with the upgrades

What I want to do

Fix or upgrade steering and suspension and brakes and rear diff

Ka or sr both plentiful and cheap

Jeep cheroke flares and test fit some ae86 body kit stuff. Ditch the bumpers etc

5% limo tint.... Done. You have no idea how weird a datsun 210 looks blacked out. Maybe undo this idk not really into tints. Has a pretty good sound system too. 808 at it's best lol

Examples and ideas welcome. Also if anyone wants to sponsor my car before it's painted I'll put your name or company decal etc on after paint in exchange for parts/ dollars. Longshot but might be cool. Haha

7274f7ab.jpg

26ea36b1.jpg

4c32baaa.jpg

Please excuse the wheels lol

bf944ca9.jpg

90d7a3bd.jpg

Just some inspirational pics. Going to was and clean in the morning and get to work on the epic winning

RAlly

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah for an island ride It wasn't half bad... But seriously it had this massive cockatoacha in it when I folded down the rear seats (individually too neat feature) and I assume there are more hiding under the rugs etc. Maui has a bad roach problem and the car had been sitting a while.

It has 98k on the clock but it has to have rolled atleast once it's pretty sloppy and the shocks are toast. Interior is baked too. Plus it was originally roach brown lol. Aka roach wagon.

And yeah I had A b210.... Still do technically but it has a buyer lined up at an exceptionally good home for it too may I add.

Also had 2 78 510s a hatch and a two door. Loved the shit out of the hatch it was scary fast on account of it's sketchitude. What is compatible to get tighter steering off newer cars and better suspension upgrade? Maybe just a little lower could be nice.

A roach coach in Maui!

My wife keeps bugging me about going back to Maui. Maybe some day we'll meet up....

I've seen huge roaches in Waikiki. Mini tanks.....

I think I even saw the police cars with 5% tint

I totally believe both of those haha. We visited and decided to stay great choice on our behalf I must say. Time zoning is funky. Girlfriend an I are still awake (4:42 am) but I assume it's already tomorrow where you live? Ha

Look what was hiding in the glove box

Original owners manual (I'm third owner buy second owner only put 53 miles on it an the carb took a dump)

1b50c447.jpg

Cool read I'm sure a bunch of you probably have one but this was the first I'd seen so it was cool to flip through

And what is this?

A golden ticket to the chocolate factory?

It looks like some kind of import slip or something from Au to Hi rest in Japanese.

270b6152.jpg

Has a bunch of holes punched in it like an sat test or something haha

Anyone else seen this?

are the grille turn signal spots muted or are you just missing the lenses, i cant tell for sure from your pics

Everything glass or plastic is tinted to 5% :P I'm not into it and if there was another 210 on the island id try and trade offer for stock everything. Glad I have a hook up on safety checks or this would be bad. Still might need amber lens one day idk. Everything is green when you look out the windows and from the outside you can press your face up to it and still can't see in

Too many dollar signs. I'm going to make my own lol. Can't be that hard right? Make the shape out of cardboard and fiberglass over. Not sure how to get it to vacume though. I made a bamboo and fiberglass tandem bike but I wrappe the joints in electrical tape. Still have a ton of glass to use up might play around with it some

My girlfriend actually likes this thing I'm rather surprised. She wants to fix the dash and interior and document everything. Ratsun official she is actually helping with this! Ha

Took it for a drive to walmartski today ran pretty janky and had to throttle it a lot but I got atleast a half dozen thumbs up and only flipped off once so far nothing but win

fd784917.jpg

At lawlmart

I NEED these.... NEED

9d59c2b7.jpg

And what is this?

A golden ticket to the chocolate factory?

It looks like some kind of import slip or something from Au to Hi rest in Japanese.

270b6152.jpg

Has a bunch of holes punched in it like an sat test or something haha

Anyone else seen this?

That is an IBM punch card.

there only gonna cost more the wider they get but why those wheels i personally cant stand 3 spoke designs

At first I thought it was really ugly but they kinda grown on you. They look pretty Minty on angular cars. I wish I had kept my old wheels but the sold with my 510 now I can't get ahold of the previous owner to attempt to buy them back

0105012105.jpg

They rubbed like crazy and were almost ubdriveable up front though on the 510 hatch

But they looked damn sexy lol

0124011519.jpg

Krusty the roach might become ka-rusty going to look at a full ka24e swap in car running and driving for 200 bucks first thing tomorrow. According to

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=KA_Engine_Swap

The stock drive shaft will work but the diff will need to be swapped out. Maybe haggle my way into more parts off the car too... The ka is really cheap here and will be the likely choice. Got my first paycheck time to burn it on this car. Also got my carb from kingbee66 I fixed a vacuum leak (thanks to advice ggzilla posted) and adjusted the idle and throttle stop on the carb in the car so it's running and driving fine. Ended up not needed the carb afterall but a spare is good. Going to go drive the car again tommorrow and maybe head around the back of the island on Friday. There is a cruise to Hana and it would be fun to head over there. Once I get the engine lined up I want to tighten up the steering and get better suspension what is a strait forward bolt up for the 79 210 hatchback? Will 240sx shocks and steering components bolt in? Also does anyone know the width and length of a hardbody truck? There are plenty of them here but prices are jacked up but the rusted ones are cheap. This is a really dumb noob question but would swapping the datsun 210 onto the hardbody frame be possible? There is a b210 body on a 720 frame motor and running gear so the logic is based off that. That would be everything I want to do to the 210 it what would seem to be simpler. Plus a better selection of wheels to choose from as every truck has 10in or wider rims poking out it. Ok end of post.

Doin work with the girlfriend here is the vomitacious door covers we made

b940e1bb.jpg

Going to do a write up on how to repair a dash and recover doors too soon dash is all caulked and sanded painting nextday or so.

No pics of that yet lol

This car is going to be ghetto cheap modded And saving the cash for important things... Like having a shop plop it down on a hardbody or pathfinder lol

Edit note the excessively stupid level of tint on the windows it's almost impossible to see out especially at night.

Inside of car is going to look like mardigras or give you mardigrains can't tell which.... Keep ya posted

• 4 weeks later...