610 Heater core

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know who sells new heater cores for 610 wagons?

New heater cores? Maybe Checker/Schucks/Kragen (depending on what it's called in your neighborhood). Otherwise, try a radiator shop. They may be able to custom make one for you.

Or I may have one, used of course...:)

• 3 weeks later...

I've done sillier things than go to the dealer's parts counter. The heater cores tend to carry over from model to model, especially in trucks. I needed a core for my 411. Was quoted $40 to fab one by a radiator shop and bought a new one for $17 at the Datsun dealer. Many, many years ago but you get the drift. Just because it's old dont give up, there may be hope. Nissan USA was demand driven, as long as people bought a part, it was stocked in a warehouse somewhere in the USA.

I've done sillier things than go to the dealer's parts counter. The heater cores tend to carry over from model to model, especially in trucks. I needed a core for my 411. Was quoted $40 to fab one by a radiator shop and bought a new one for $17 at the Datsun dealer. Many, many years ago but you get the drift. Just because it's old dont give up, there may be hope. Nissan USA was demand driven, as long as people bought a part, it was stocked in a warehouse somewhere in the USA.

Sadly, many 610 parts are coming up NLA. Even through the extended dealer network. If it is still available, let me know. I may be interested in a new one versus a newly cleaned one.

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly, many 610 parts are coming up NLA. Even through the extended dealer network. If it is still available, let me know. I may be interested in a new one versus a newly cleaned one.

this was the case 15 years ago :(

i bought some nos 610 bits from a guy on ebay

turns out he worked the parts dept. at the local datsun dealer for the past 25 years

he still remembered the day when nissan corporate issued the order to eliminate most 610 parts from stock

(he "forgot" to throw some of those parts away)

nissan usa parts warehouses trashed 610 parts wholesale

it's called "purging" and everything was written off by the accountants

why? nothing personal, but it's all about parts demand. there was no demand

i know only ONE 610 enthusiast who still has the same 610 he had 25 years ago

and although he purchased new resto parts for his car from nissan back then,

he kicks himself that he didn't buy two, three, even four sets of everything while nissan still had the stuff in stock

even with today's 610 renaissance, there's still not enough demand

and demand is the reason why certain 510, skyline and roadster parts are STILL being made NEW by nissan, japan

• 4 weeks later...

I know what you mean about demand. It used to be that the parts counters were encouraged to ask about "foreign stock" parts. I needed a starter for my RL411 but it was not available. I asked about rebuild parts kits. Yokohama sent an e-mail stating non availability of new or rebuilt starters of this model [after I pointed out that the 2000 roadster had the same starter] but listing all applicable starter component parts still in stock. I ordered what I needed and rebuilt my original starter. I still have that list by the way. That my friends was service!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...