Troy Ermish Coilovers

Tristin

Im looking at coilovers and figured a straight bolt-on application would be easiest. Im a fan of low... and I mean low (like Indy low), and cant seem to find pictures of the coils installed. The only pictures that have TE kits are his actual car, but since he also as a plethora of other parts installed and custom race mods, I want to make sure I get to see how low they can actually go. Just short of searching every build thread here and on the Realm, I cant think of anything else to do. Does anyone have a location on some pictures I can take a look at or maybe a build thread on here? I would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to have to get used to using the search function on here, otherwise you're going to be posting up a lot of threads that are already covered on here.

Just do a search for coilovers for example...most likely you'll find what you want there. Just to help you out a bit...search for threads by Clayton (Ratsun handle is 69FJWAGON), he has Troy's set up on all his 510's.

You're going to have to get used to using the search function on here, otherwise you're going to be posting up a lot of threads that are already covered on here.

Just do a search for coilovers for example...most likely you'll find what you want there. Just to help you out a bit...search for threads by Clayton (Ratsun handle is 69FJWAGON), he has Troy's set up on all his 510's.

this one?? http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35899-testing-the-waters-69-wagon/page__p__551401__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=551401

I did use the search function and did not find what I was looking for. There were a few pictures of the kit, but nothing installed. I search all the time for answers before I post... I searched here, the 510 Realm, Troys site, and Google in general.

Edit: thanks for the member name.

Z Chopper, yet that is his wagon and I know he put them on Lisa's pea green 510 (I was there while he was installing them).

Tristin: You may want to contact either Troy or send a PM to Clayton and ask him...I'm sure he'll know.

P.S. Good boy on the searching first! :P

Ask away .... . .. my car is only low when it's not driveable ,, , ,, this is the 3rd thread this week saying,, I want my car undriveable like Indy's .... :lol:

I have shortened 510 struts with adjustable MR2 inserts .. . . and Ermish #225 coilovers front and rear ... . the shorter 10" rear coilovers

.... I reccomend #200 springs if you want to daily drive it

it's WAY more fun to drive when it's raised more than half-way ...... ... but most of my pictures are either undrivable or barely

• Like 1

Ha, I do see a quite a few posts saying they want to be low like you Indy and then I see all your replies saying you cant even drive it. My only reason for saying low like you is youre one of the few that are extremely low. Im going to DD the car so I cant rub tire/wells, but am a fan of a vehicle that is lower than most. Im ok (though maybe not my girlfriend) with a bit of a shittier ride as its about at the point right... its pretty rough/stiff... so Ill look at replicating your suspension with maybe adding a bit of clearance for DD ability. With the money I just came in to, Im looking at upgrading all the suspension so Im just trying to do my homework.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you got a bad pair or they were assembled poorly? Hmmm I have a set of fronts on the way and we shall have to see how it goes. Yeah, the roads up here are horrible, especially all around Seattle. That shit is ridiculous sometimes! Was it only the rears that clunked?

well until the spring started being compressed by the collar lol.

That's what you're supposed to be doing with coilovers anyway. A lot of people setup their coilovers so that at full droop, the spring is loose. By a lot. You really need at least 0 preload on the spring at full droop... most people just don't have their struts setup correctly to do this. The ride quality is a night and day difference when you go from a loose spring to a preloaded spring...

• Like 1

just sharing experience, what this sight is for. i really like my ground control rear coil overs. you could make your own with some split collars a threaded sleeve, i dont remember where i saw it but it looked like it worked. i still have my ermish ones too if you want to try that route, just need a helper spring.