Little Orange Waggen

leather_nun

I will have to take and post some fotoz.

Couple months back I found a '76 610 wagon in OK shape, with only (best I can tell) 78K ACTUAL MILES

for $500 bucks. East Tennessee -- still has all the papers from the Chattanooga dealership it came from. It's orange (EWWWW.... YecCCH) I'll probably paint it primer coz I *HATE* Orange.

Oh the cruel things that can befall a helpless little car over years of sitting, piddling, and IDIOT with a wrench or a wire...

The pore thing has been set/stored/God knows where it's been incarcerated more than driven, the seat belt latches barely show wear, still smells of naugahyde, no wear on door handles, window cranks

Had to have been outside coz the doors have the tell-tale cancer at bottom.

Right now we're struggling with the brakes as rubber rots in humidity and the flex lines were crunchy. parts are about impossible to find, hopefully rolling the end of this week.

The wiring -- oh Mary God's own Momma -- it's mercy I cannot find the Maroon who's buggered all that.

I CANT EXPRESS HOW THANKFUL I AM FIND Y'ALL!!!!!

The Clymer's manual I got with it is from britain and covers 510-'s through 810's and 1/2 the pictures are reverse

I NEED A WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR!!!

I'll send some pix later this week I got 2 go for hosp testing tomorrow (wasted day. demmit)

Great bunch of cars I see here!!!!

Bobby in Tennessee

PS -- million years ago, I had a 1200 damn that was a good stout little car

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post pics up

you sure you need a wiper motor? mine was in an accident that broke it in half and the damn thing still worked im not sure why your having issues with brake parts any parts house should be able to get everything you will need

Welcome, enjoy the ride!

Most mechanical parts are around, try rock auto on line, there in your neck of the woods down there!

You should arm yourself with a factory manual, check e-sleeze,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-DATSUN-610-Factory-Issued-Service-Repair-Manual-/310254991066?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item483ca376da&vxp=mtr

Hi All it's been a LoOong week sorry so long...

FINALLY got the wheels back on, brakes alot better -- the thing with the parts here, I wait a day coz dude gets them next morning. You get flex hoses and they are wrong, there's a 2 day turn-around to get the right ones. No, I'm not changin parts joint cause they're utterly hassle free when it comes to returns, and often have stuff nobody else does ...

The wiper motor LOOKS OK but the auto electric place checked it, pronouncing wiper motor dead. Got some cross-references (other Datsun having same wiper motor) from dealership (they want $250 for said motor -- eeEEK) still hunting wiper motor...

Yes, I am Slobbering over the Sleaze-bay factory manual ;-)

So I've taken pix of it -- can't figger how to make them show on the post? I see the picture thing up there but the pix is on my hard drive, not someplace on the internet? I'll try it again later, I am worn out right now

Thanks for your input!

(and yes, TN is VERY very STRANGE -- I am *NOT* from here. Just stuck here another 2 years)

Bobby in TN

IT's the GREAT PUMPKIN, Charlie Brown :cool:

(I'll get some photoz of the insides when the light is better)

Yes I still have the roof rack, took it off coz the idiot that woulda done BETTER to spray bomb it (really sad barely masked shabby paint job) didn't properly refit the rack and it was leaking, so I sealed it... the insides are black.

Anybody know how to find an aftermarket windshield wiper motor? I'm sure if Datsun put them into 3 models, these were "sourced" DC motors and probably found in several other Jap cars mid-late '70's?

Thanks y'all

13824.jpeg

13825.jpeg

IT's the GREAT PUMPKIN, Charlie Brown :cool:

13825.jpeg

Sorry, the pumpkin monniker's already taken~ Maybe you can pay Dave royalties to use it.... :lol:

Is it me~ or are your tires lost inside oversize wheelwells...? :blink:

Welcome~

Scott

Hi all --

Tx for kind remarks -- my "clean" goon, no really it has cancer, floorboards, bottom of doors -- looks 2 be the victim of outdoor storage and a roof (window/windshield) leak

The wheels are 13" I don't recall my old 1200 having 13:" wheels but I don't recall much from that period ;-X

I'd much rather 14"s on there, just need to find the correct parameters (offset I think it's called?)

Best to ya's

Bobby in TN

im willing to bet the wiper motor works and theres some other issue like i said mine was in a accident that broke it in half and it still worked have you checked the fuses? connecters? if its been sitting outside there could be corrotion in the connecters there are a bunch pf things it could be besides just the wiper motor

im willing to bet the wiper motor works and theres some other issue like i said mine was in a accident that broke it in half and it still worked have you checked the fuses? connecters? if its been sitting outside there could be corrotion in the connecters there are a bunch pf things it could be besides just the wiper motor

Yeah if its been sitting awhile, I would check all the fuses and even give the box a good cleaning.

I know you said it was checked and pronounced dead but...

I thought mine was dead and it turned out that my wiper transmissions were seized up causing the brushes to cook. I took the motor apart and sanded the contact areas and greased the bushings. Once the transmissions were freed up and lubed everything worked great. Cost - $0. Car looks great. One more thing...

DON'T PAINT IT.

• Like 1