Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had 3 other Koyo radiators and they were both great quality... its the reason I picked this over the Eagle/Champions that everyone else wants to run (even though they are cheaper). I just hope the fit is near direct like they say. Talking to Jun and KyushaKai its drop in so Im pretty excited. Ill know more Monday. 

Now just waiting on my strut inserts, trans cooler, and grille emblem. Then everything Ive ordered so far will be here. 

Still need to purchase battery and sealed box. Looks like I have to have it before FEST as their rules state that I have to be able to disconnect the battery to show indoors. Currently due to stretch lead, I cant loosen the cables. 

It looks well built... Looks like they take their time to build it versus the mass produced Champion.  The mounting flanges don't look staggered like the stock unit, so you may need to shim it like the Champion...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56540-champion-aluminum-radiator-meets-510-this-is-my-install/

• Like 1

Still need to do some tuning on the Weber to get everything going. Here are my current issues:

Now that Ive removed the stock manifold/carb, where does this hose attach (I dont even know what its for)?

10077539934_0bd6707bca_c.jpg

I just need to get a piece of hose to connect this coolant hardline to the nipple on the Offy

10077673273_b6bcbd5a49_c.jpg

Looking at everyone elses Offy pics, these two holes are not on anyone elses. Im not sure if they go all the way through or if they are just threaded for some sort of bracket. Any thoughts?

10077576295_8856826c5d_c.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Still need to do some tuning on the Weber to get everything going. Here are my current issues:

Now that Ive removed the stock manifold/carb, where does this hose attach (I dont even know what its for)?

10077539934_0bd6707bca_c.jpg

If you rotate that hose to the front of the car.it will just about slip onto the PCV valve

Those are just threaded bosses in that pic. I never had anything mounted there.

They were a small diameter and raised up so I assumed thats what they were. I couldnt find anything small enough diameter to shove in there to test it out yet. Came in for a tooth pick and got sidetracked. 

Did you replace the intake/exhaust gasket?

I sure hope so, if that one has been on there for any length of time,it will be a leaker.

I didnt. I weighed my options and since the manifold came off pretty clean Im reusing it. My current plan is an L20 swap on Monday so this gasket only has to hold for one 45min trip to where Im doing the swap. Other than one test drive to make sure the carb is running right, I wont be driving it. 

I have a new gasket ready for a non-smog header with the new block. 

Ive already scheduled a couple times to look at the gasket after running it to make sure there isnt some leak I cant handle. I just didnt want to change the same gasket within a couple days of each other.