Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok back from the dead! Money is flowing again (thank you taxes and college!) so I can afford to work on it again... just picked up a few items already to continue to build with more items on the way. Its nice having black market JDM parts dealers ;)

Here is my question for the day (a little background first):

I have a perfect rear seat with the exception of a cover. The PO went to recover it and that never happened so I was left with bare foam. Maybe someday in the future I will redo the interior, but thats not any time soon. I have a line on a wagon rear seat in the exact color I need in perfect condition. With the exception of the posts to secure the seat upright position, will the seat work in the sedan fine? I figure for the price its perfect... I just want to make sure that it will adequately sit in the sedan set tray area. 

Yeah, the base of the bottom piece is totally different, and the back of the upright piece is totally different as well.  Brody had a goon for a period of time when we started pulling the 4-door out of the barn at his parents house in the mid-2000s and we needed a backseat for the 4-door and it was a complete no-go for either part from the goon. 

I'm willing to bet the lower lines that run length wise of the lower seats are probably attached to the seat frame. But you can unhook them.. problem is with seats this old it might get ugly once you get in there.

I don't know dude, I went downstairs and snapped a few photos of our fucked up sedan seat from the back to give you a little more reference without having to pull your own shit.  Unless the fabric wraps under that metal backing, they may be a little too different.  Hard to say without really looking at how the goon parts are under that solid shit on the back.

IMG_1953_zps5ec60b7f.jpg

IMG_1955_zpsda959415.jpg

And, the shapes appear to be different for the lower piece over the driveline area..... no?  The goon has a curve, but the sedan's is just straight.

IMG_1956_zpseff2acae.jpg

IMG_1959_zps27256128.jpg

Isn't that goon seat for sale in Lynnwood?  If you decide to get it, we can pick it up and bring it to Oly next week if you want. 

FYI there close enough to the same shape any upholstery guy worth a damn could make it work.. I got a guy he is not bad on price

If you think your homedog could make it work, I might look into that. Id really like to have a real backseat again. 

Nah it's not a priority I have like two semi sets I just saw that was a good deal honestly I gave u my last 60 bux till the twelfth of nevuary..... He prolly can I will text him tomorrow ..... Hopefully the seat cover is made from stretchy faux denim like u like

• Like 1