Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck... Jon wins.

Yeah it's a metal case and adapter plate for the hub I picked up. Still have a bit to do, but so far it's coming out nice.

to be fair .... i knew u had that steering wheel for a bit and have been searching for a hub too..... so i stabbed in the dark and she came up cute...what , it was round....

Thank you. Still has a ways to go though... I just looked at it after work today and so much is still dirty. Once I swap in that new block, I should be able to clean the rest of it.

I also got a package in the mail this morning. Once JRock is done with working his magic on it, it goes on too. You'll have to wait for that though.

You're too easy to crack on your secrets. All it took was two texts and one name-calling and I had the last one ;)

Seeing your shit just makes me anxious to actually get our 510 legitimately running and start sprucing it up more, and the L20 efi swapped into the truck and some cosmetic shit done on that as well. I have zero patience with having three project cars right now :lol:

fuck your 510 give me the efi stuff for freeeezzzzzz......lets body drop your truck to the window cranks...u would have to lay across the bench seat with some form of hand controls....kinda tron-esque...then i will put efi on my goon that wilkl never leave the jackstands...

• Like 1

This one I'll keep ;)

The only thing I'll add is I bought two and Jon gets the other. I'll showcase it once coated and installed. Shouldn't be too long... You can wait.

I can hear you on wanting projects to be done. I can only imagine 3 times the work I already have.

fuck your 510 give me the efi stuff for freeeezzzzzz......lets body drop your truck to the window cranks...u would have to lay across the bench seat with some form of hand controls....kinda tron-esque...then i will put efi on my goon that wilkl never leave the jackstands...

Don't be such a Negative Nancy. Quit being so lazy and grab a wrench.

Haha, fuck yeah! Put the holy grail on a non-op car without any wheels! Fucking SICKK! No point in even starting it up either, just sit in it and make driving sounds like we're 5. :w00t:

I saw a super clean bagged 620 this morning. I have momentary lapses of judgment when I see shit like that and want to drop the shit out of the truck, and then remember that's what we have the 510 for if we decide to slam anything. Brody and I have some wild, yet good, ideas that we many need someone special's (Indy) help for laying frame someday :lol:

Haha yeah... It's a bit shitty looking. I'm probably going to paint it here soon. Debating to do it now in-car or pull it out when I swap to a new block in a couple weeks.

I wish I had the funds for a better aluminum radiator. Mine leaks a bit so it'd be nice to replace. Just don't have the $200+

Seriously, after a bucketload of years of owning Datsuns, unless you are running a mega race motor, cammed to the hilt, blah blah blah etc, if your standard cooling system is clean etc, Standard radiator is fine.

Personally, I'd invest in a el cheapo Matt black rattle pack to pretty up the existing unit.

Rocker cover and air cleaner cover are sweet as !

Yeah I've got some rattle can somewhere in the garage.

How easy is it to unbolt the fan while the engine is installed? I'd like to take the shroud off as well and clean it up.

Yeah, JRock did a fantastic job on the valve cover and air cleaner. He's hot more parts of mine coming his way too so even more of the bay will be nicer.