Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the SSRs for awhile, but they were not ready to be put on the car yet. I needed tires, there was some rash, a crack in one lip, surface corrosion, and they were shittily rattle canned silver. I just put on 280zx complete front struts so my stock steelies would not clear... Since I already had 13" tires, I bought 13" Aeros to run until I could get the SSRs done.

The Aeros are up for sale, but the plan is to use them as Winter rims so that the Seattle roads do not ruin them. Now... I was suppose to move to Seattle but since I'm not, the Aeros are up for sale. If I sell them I sell them, if I don't I don't. It really doesn't matter at this point.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm still relatively new around here for a build thread so it's exciting when so many people like it. I appreciate it. I still have a bunch of work ahead of me to get this car where I want it though...

Thats true... I cant Neg Rep you anymore here.

that's just mean...hey jesus polished his sills at his house and they turned out tits... mine are powdercoated black wrinkle but i need to straighten them on my anvil a little more and re do them a different black.... the one piece in question is the lower trim between doors on b pillar....i also powder coated my upper trim on the b pillar... and the upper trim that runs along the door cards and rear cards in the wagon...all cheap mods that can be done quickly and would change the look of your car if you want....w could do them gold to match your wheels...

for the record i just -1 your rep too..jerkie

Hmmm gold would be nice. Im just curious on knocking out the dings and such... Im not too good with straightening metal like that, so I was curious what the preferred method was.

So as it sits, im about $3000 away from a finished ride as I see it right now. I have my engine mapped out for what I want, a few accessories, and a stereo... so Im pretty close. After that we shall see where the car goes from there. Maybe something a little more wild. Anyway, other than some small things here and there, this might be a slower build now. Money is drying up quick and Im about to go to school so who knows when I will finish.

My goal right now is Canby 2013. Car finished to stage one and ready to rock.

you will want to put something soft under the peices when you hammer them, soft bag is the propper tool but i used a balled up rag wrapped in duct tape. try to find something with a similar radius to what your beating on, i cheated and used a ball ended allen wrench. worked pretty well and i had many different sizes to choose from

wow q tip that couldnt be more wrong... stop watching american chopper...soft wont beat anything straight.... all your mar removal is in the sanding part of it... thank u...use something soft u will waste moe time than not....round bar body hammer and litt quick taps... its a science but with practice it can be mastered..... as for using something soft...u are trying to straightent the thing all your finish workl will be what removes minor impurfections....

That sounds like a crap-ton of work... Im not a fucking blacksmith. Ill just make sure the pieces are overall straight and maybe strip of my clothes the surface corrosion. I think I have a set of screws that should work for them. Now that I know where those little ones go, I can install them this weekend after a little clean up.

I say some thing soft because i did mine from the inside out, and it was what i had available. I agree with your suggested technique, i would have done it that way if i could have, but i was beating on center caps not a flat trim piece.

Well, it looks like I am poorer than I first thought. My job situation is in shambles and Im losing money like crazy trying to stay afloat here. Im not sure where all my money went, but Im sure it was from commuting so much. As of right now, I will not be going to Canby... I do not have the money to spend on two nights of camping, and then gas it takes to get there and back. Im looking for a better job in the Kitsap area so that I do not really have to commute anymore.

Im almost at the point where I need to sell parts off the car or the whole car itself so that I survive and dont end up on the street. Id like to make a joke about this, but Im really close to losing it all.

Sell your camera..

I remember you saying getting out of photography.

Just don't whore out.

That's a shitty situation your in. wish I could say words of encouragement or something, so i'll leave you with this

funny-motivational-inspirational-posters-3.jpg