Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If for that short,then should be ok?, they do like to leak like a bugger

Yeah Im sure with the coolant channels you cant be too careful on leaks. Im hoping it works. I have a fully functional temp gauge that I will be watching for the trip down along with some extra water just in case. 

I appreciate the backup. :thumbup:

If you go to start the car up, and it doesn't run well, I'd look for vacuum leaks from that intake gasket before all else.... 

In reference to your new engine, I find that factory style metallic gasket works the best (compared to a header gasket) even in conjunction with my header.  Felpro number: MS22801 for the round port L20B... Not sure what head you have on your new unit...

If you go to start the car up, and it doesn't run well, I'd look for vacuum leaks from that intake gasket before all else.... 

In reference to your new engine, I find that factory style metallic gasket works the best (compared to a header gasket) even in conjunction with my header.  Felpro number: MS22801 for the round port L20B... Not sure what head you have on your new unit.

Ill know more in the morning. I had to buy some hose that fit that coolant line, then made dinner. Ill get up and have it running in the morning. If theres a leak, its going to be the gasket. The carb is a known good runner. 

Still needs adjustment. Here is how its running

High at idle while in Park

Way low at idle while in gear

Smells way rich

When I first got it adjusted right, idle at Park was good. Put it into gear and it died. So I bumped up the idle a little bit and I was fine. Drove it a couple blocks, came back, and as soon as I put it into gear, you could hear that idle was way too high.

Ive also got a little bit of the carb running away after you release the throttle. Linkage isnt sticking as even when reving the linkage by hand and knowing it has returned to the idle position, the carb so revs up some. 

Car is drivable, but no where near where it should be. 

That bitch is bullet proof. 

We can test that.....

I second that motion.

From my experience they are quite bulletproof. Especially when you run an external cooler. That bitch will last FOREVER. 

I bought a nice auto 510 one time, put in a nice Hayden cooler, started collecting all the bits to do a 5spd swap thinking "I'll wait until it breaks to swap it". I beat the crap out of it for 7-8 months and couldn't make it break. That same trans went another 4 years in a friend's 521 until he swapped in a 5spd. Then we finally threw it away, even though it worked fine...   :rofl:

• Like 1