Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Ha... the best place to look for wheels for you would be YAJ. Theres only a few people that would import in 6lug wheels and unfortunately there wont be much available in the SSR market in the pattern you need. Your best bet would be post a WTB here and people like Radim can post up what they have. 

I dont have much info on 620 stuff, so I would do the random Google searches. Basically what I would do just search for the truck and click over to images. Then scroll around until you find something you like. Then read the page thats referencing the picture you like. If a name or business is mentioned in helping, then you Google that. Mostly when Im looking for something it takes me 400 different links to find all the info I wanted. One site leads to another where it leads to another etc. 

There cars are 40+ years old and available in a multitude of countries. Theres a ton of info out there and a million projects that have been completed (or attempted) to give you inspiration. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, sounds like a project for when I get off. Pretty sure going through 100+ pages to find a grill or emblem I want wouldn't be advised while I'm at work.

Thanks for the info on the rims. I saw you post a sheet with multiple SSRs on it in some thread so I thought I would bring them up because at the bottom there where 2 6 lug pattern ones. If I remember correctly the one on the right looked amazing :P

The wheel sheet was like 3 columns with 5 rows of wheels/advertising.

Youre talking about this picture:

7299745972_0d19a4852c_z.jpg

Yeah, there are a few 6lug, but good luck finding either of those styles. Like I said, check out YAJ; they have some cool stuff. Then you just have to worry about importing them in. I would recommend that you wait to sart your search until you get home. You wont find anything cool right away... and when you do, you wont know what it is and pass it up until youve done the research to see what all is out there. 

Theres so many trim levels and model variance between countries that its crazy. Research is your friend. 

• Like 3
Guest Rick-rat

This thread started over a year ago and is starting to get pretty stale, I think you should concentrate on, and fix your dependability issues and get this car reliable instead of throwing your money at it so it will look pretty when it just is sitting at your place or behind a tow truck. Just a thought, maybe you could bring it to a meet that way. And get a special cupcake.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :sick:  B)   :rofl:

Yea, that is the pic. Those at the bottom right :w00t: I will spend a lot of time researching to see what I can find.

While I don't expect my 620 to come out as clean as your minty, I do want something unique, so I really appreciate the pointers on finding parts. Sorry for the thread jack, please continue with this lovely minty beast :)

This thread started over a year ago and is starting to get pretty stale, I think you should concentrate on, and fix your dependability issues and get this car reliable instead of throwing your money at it so it will look pretty when it just is sitting at your place or behind a tow truck. Just a thought, maybe you could bring it to a meet that way. And get a special cupcake.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :sick:  B)   :rofl:

Youre completely right Rick. I had bought this last batch of stuff prior to this last meet... I expected everything to run smooth, but that didnt happen. I have since fixed my wiring issues and the carb is still very iffy. Im working on getting the bike carbs going so that I can swap them out as I know they are good working carbs unlike the stock Hitachi. Hopefully soon I wil be buying a complete '69 harness to recondition, lengthen, and then swap out to have a tucked and fully working electrical system. In a full year of daily driving this has been my only real issue. I had those flats, but thats what I get for buying junk brand tires. Live and learn on that one. 

What really got me is that I havent been dailying this since I left the machinist job. Its been sitting a lot more lately since my commute is by ferry. Im going to take a more active role in it to make sure that its always in working condition. 

You mos def have the right idea :thumbup:

Yea, that is the pic. Those at the bottom right :w00t: I will spend a lot of time researching to see what I can find.

While I don't expect my 620 to come out as clean as your minty, I do want something unique, so I really appreciate the pointers on finding parts. Sorry for the thread jack, please continue with this lovely minty beast :)

There could be some stuff out there, but I doubt youll find much Stateside. Look around Japan and the Philippines; weirdly enough the Philippines has a good collection of J-tin and old school wheels. Good luck on your build. Feel free to PM me if you are looking for specific and maybe I can help you find it. 

There could be some stuff out there, but I doubt youll find much Stateside. Look around Japan and the Philippines; weirdly enough the Philippines has a good collection of J-tin and old school wheels. Good luck on your build. Feel free to PM me if you are looking for specific and maybe I can help you find it. 

I messaged a few members on here from the Philippines. They said they didn't have many Datto's around. Maybe they didn't have good connections. I've got some connections over there, but not real car people. They could ship stuff out though if I could find parts.

yo tristin....ill call your cell and you put your girl on....I swear I won't tell her a thing ollz.

And Jon either I have been away from ratsun to long or you spelling got worse...which one is it? :rofl:

To be fair.Tristin has more life mods going on then to really be able to cohe bigs.....lol ncentrate on.his car that much.....but u could at least workbout t

as u can tell im adjusting well, to the droid key board after my iphone digitizer crapped out .....i dont even remember what i was trying to actually say... :rofl:  so u got me there jalen ...

so if your scoring at home ... jrock still cant type fer shit ...jalen still aint proved owner ship of goons and a hatch .... :rofl: seriously though i dont rember the goon, was it orange....

what i prolly meant for tristin..

i think that u been busy getting life stuff going so maybe thats why not so much progress (and appearances at meets..)is being made,   but u should concentrate on at least the electrical issues so its there when u need it (meets and shit u know..)