FOUND . SSS air cleaner

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

here's the thread, has anyone got a scan of the air cleaner gaskets? i need to make some, my carbs are from a 510 sss, i need to print some patterns so i can drill the mounting holes in the air cleaners  edit, for some reason i  cant paste, working on it

Use the gasket paper (paper bag) and small hammer trick. 

Put the paper over the mating surface of your carbs. Then lightly tap down on all the edges of the carbs so that it creases the paper over the edge. Then gently tear the gasket out.

Why did you cut up a perfectly good cleaner and only use the bolt holes and velocity stacks? You just threw away the rest?- those things are hard to come by.

there was no more only the plate.it came from a pile of parts going to the crusher,better to use it then waste it, i was hoping to use the entire thing but it was from a z and didnt line up

• Like 1

the Z it came from was nothing but a rusted pile of , nothing left worth saving, had holes rusted through the roof and body, most everything good was already taken, someone saved the carbs themselves as they were gone, im glad they didnt go to scrap,i never throw out anything if i can make something from it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.