Selling 510 2dr project w/ KA24E and 280zx brakes SOLD

EDIT: CAR IS SOLD SOLD SOLD

At the end of last december, I moved to NorCal with parents, and left my 510 in my neighbors garage,with every intention of picking up the project later.

Now I have found that my neighbor really wants it out of her garage, and

I need money for alternate means of transportation in my new area (bike most likely).

Its pretty depressing for me, as I put alot of time and heart into the car, but I cant help realizing

I was never equipped for the job, and it should go to someone who has the skills to bring it back to life.

THE CAR:

1970 510 2dr

I have a title and bill of sale from the last owner, but its history is

almost completely unknown before that.

Im pretty sure it has been in oregon and washington its entire life though.

It has rusted floor pans and rear seat pan, but thats really it.

no rust damage in body panels or trunk.

its completely watertight except for one of the windows which wont roll all the way up

(just an alignment problem)

and the trunk lid wont close (a friend busted the latch)

It has BRE fender flares which have several minor cracks.

all glass is good! and the seals seam to be doing pretty well too, except the drivers door doesnt have one.

I have most of the dash, and most of the interior trim, and one of the doors has trim.

no carpets, and no sound matt, which makes me think it was a race car sometime in its life.

Its a manual swap and comes with a manual pedal rack installed.

It has 280zx brakes which work. there is a slightly leak in the right front brake line where it meets the hose.

the brakes connect, though Im not sure how much, as I never got it rolling on them because I had 13's

the steering linkage is all good. super tight.

it has ebay coilovers and one busted strut insert.

the rear struts have been converted to fit ebay coilovers,

but could be run normally by just putting in a spring and taking off the coilover sleep and spring.

it has a terrible spray can job over the original red paint and a later blue paint job.

I was planning on getting a professional paint job next summer, so I just sprayed it black.

It does not come with wheels because I sold them since they were too small.

THE PARTS:

COMES WITH A KA24E BLOCK AND YAMAHA R1 CARBS.

I was going to build it up with them.

the block has around 175,000 miles and the head is unknown but looks younger.

I also have a full extra set of cams. and the injectors and rail if you want to go back to EFI.

the block has all pumps and pans etc. just needs exhaust mani and intake mani that mates to carbs.

the carbs are rebuilt, bought from a trusted seller on ebay.

I also have the original R1 fuel pump.

I have 2 grills for it, headlights, rear seat, steering wheel installed on the stock rack, and TONS

of other stuff.

I have almost all of the original wiring harness as well, but you'd need new fuses.

I'll throw in a brand new set of poly bushings for the front, uninstalled as well.

THE PRICE AND LOCATION:

The car is in the Northeast side of Portland, Oregon.

Im currently in San Francisco but I could easily fly up to Portland for a weekend to meet

a buyer, or just have my dad help you get it on a trailer since he's still up there.

I need it gone and out of my neighbor's hair so I think $750 obo is good.

I just want to keep this thing out of a scrap yard.

PM with offers, NO TRADES.

Thanks!!

EDIT: some of the radiator/headlight mounts have been removed or reorganized by a previous owner, and the front of the drivers

wheel well is new and has been welded in place. a potential buyer pointed that out to me, I had forgotten.

EDIT: buyers will be responsible for getting the car on a trailer. IT HAS NO WHEELS AND THE FRONT SUSPENSION IS UNINSTALLED.

p1010113bq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1010110r.jpg

p1010112b.jpg

p1010111m.jpg

almostdoneengine.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guess I should have made it 1k laugh.gif

its all good though,

glad I could offer a deal.

I'll let yall know when it is 100% done and then a mod can delete the thread or something.

As soon as you mentioned R1 carbs I scrolled to the price tag. I so wish I had the money, because it would be in my garage today.

i like how the tail lights look like there set up for firebird tails

it came with them and I STILL havent identified those panels.

I wish I could so I can put them on a future 510 project.

they look so rad.

Timing is everything. There have been guys posting want ads for a month with nothing (Course most were not west coast.) But this gets posted today and is bought by a poster who posted a want ad today. Talk about instant gratification!

Timing is everything. There have been guys posting want ads for a month with nothing (Course most were not west coast.) But this gets posted today and is bought by a poster who posted a want ad today. Talk about instant gratification!

its a beautiful feeling

that car will never get finished. its cursed with lame owners with lots of dreams and no $$$. charlie owned it. it was coming together with the help of jason jnec510...hope the new owner can step up

hey philcas i was planning on picking this up tomarrow, but ive gotten as far as getting the address and being told his dad will me load it on my trailer i cant get his number to talk to him.. do you know if the owner has the title. im kinda leary on heading down cause the guy said he would mail me the title when his dad had the cash.

hey philcas i was planning on picking this up tomarrow, but ive gotten as far as getting the address and being told his dad will me load it on my trailer i cant get his number to talk to him.. do you know if the owner has the title. im kinda leary on heading down cause the guy said he would mail me the title when his dad had the cash.

in this case either trust him or pay for half. then other half when you get the title. i dont know this current owner. if you do pay him and he never sends the title. cut the damn thing up . its worth more in parts then what you are paying for it

I included my cell number in a message i sent you on friday which was never replied to. I also included pics of the title, bill of sale, and factory I.D. Plate.

If you dont trust this, talk to member h5wagon who helped me with the engine and sold me a floorpan.

If you dont trust him, dont buy it and I'll bump to 1k and sell it to one of the several other people in line.

reply to the pm convo for more discussion or text/call

What phil said about parts is very true, this is a deal. The only hard part is getting it on a trailer without wheels and again, i would be there even just to see it one last time if not for airfare prices and time constraints

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.