whining noise?

pepsx12

i have a whining noise coming out of my truck and i understand that it could be my throw out bearing which got dry but, it only does it when it rains and it stays for a couple of days sometimes weeks? It does it with the clutch in or out, but if i keep the truck at a certain rpm when i come to a stop it wont do it at all. If i come to a stop and let it idle, as soon as i get on the gas it starts again? help! Shits annoying.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you need to do right now is check the clutch adjustmet. It is easy to do.

If it is the throwout bearing, it will make no noise when the clutch is dis-engaged (foot off the pedal). However if it is not adjusted correctly it will be spinning all the time, wearing it out.

To check the clutch adjustment, use your pinky to press the clutch pedal. It should move at least 1/2 inch.

* If you can't move it with your pinky finger, it is too tight.

* If you can move it a little bit, and the whining still occurs with the clutch pedal dis-engaged, it is most likely not the throwout bearing that is making the noise.

Make sure the return spring on the clutch pedal is still connected and is not broken.

The 620 clutch is not adjustable at the slave cylinder but is at the clutch pedal.

Clutch adjustment does not cause loss of power. It could cause the clutch to slip which slows you down.

You see that the Temperature Gauge and the whining are somehow related? Or do you mean you measured the actual engine coolant temperature (not using the stock gauge)? If the engine is overheating, steam escaping from the radiator can make a whistling sound. Check that the overflow hose on your radiator is still tight and going into the overflow container.

i have a whining noise coming out of my truck help! Shits annoying.

Have you tried loosening your seatbelt? lol.giflol.giflol.gif JK~!

In addition to above~ maybe your alternator or w/p bearings have one foot in the grave....

I've had water pumps do just what you describe~ right before they puke-n-die