l20b swap?

Newer 510 wagons are the wave of the future ..Older 510s ain`t that great the guys that own then just think they are..laugh.gif..Just build the one ya got and have fun with it ,,Join the revolution..

.MY sons new project...1979

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/36659-doodies-new-datsun/

Elmerfudpeckers 510 1978

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/32804-elmers-510-goon/

And make sure you post pictures that way when the next guy shows up with a non 68-73 510 they will be able to see what went right ,,And in our case what went wrong to help them with there build...

Different is good

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Z24 could be swapped in a weekend. But instead I'd put 4.3 gears for quicker acceleration and a 5-speed for better fuel economy. You can have both.

5 speed and better accel? I like the way you think. pursuing this asap with as much vigor as I can pull outta my ass.

And banana, I was looking at Elmer's build thread that you linked.

I like that comment about "keeping it in the air for better radio reception".

I literally lol'd

Z24 could be swapped in a weekend. But instead I'd put 4.3 gears for quicker acceleration and a 5-speed for better fuel economy. You can have both.

wait, GG, which 5 speeds mount up to my engine?

I gotta get under there tomorrow and see if its a possibility to drop the tranny without pulling the engine. Cause boy would that be convenient.

this is what i was thinking. a z24 from a 720 pickup could be picked up pretty cheap. should be a straight forward swap as well.

more oics doods!

its a little overcast and its my phone taking these pictures but you get the idea.

IMG_20120122_132946.jpgIMG_20120122_132857.jpgIMG_20120122_132841.jpgIMG_20120122_133008.jpg

she is just begging for a little tlc. Gonna go get her a car wash today. I wanna pull the rear bumper and put up one of those tucked bumpers off the early 70s dimes if it'll fit. Get some new side mirrors and maybe move the placement up onto the fenders by the hood.

Any of you ever pulled trim off? I want to take that middle trim on the sides of the car off to get a clean look all the way down.

And of course, I have to find some new wheels for this baby! Good news is, she could probably fit some 6.5 or 7 inch wide wheels with very little chance of rubbing, especially because this is a cruisin mobile not a cornering machine. biggrin.gif

Even if I won't be cornering, some wider wheels couldn't ever hurt.

What do you guys think?

You have an '81 200sx (A-10) with Z20S (carb) motor and automatic.

Using your oil pan a 720 Z24 could be swapped in. Exhaust would fit or at least your Z20 manifold would convert it to work. It's the same motor just bigger displacement. I'm not sure how long your automatic is but has to be either 26" or 31.5" so both lengths of Z series 5 speeds are available on the 720. With luck you might find a 720 with the correct length 5 speed and it will all swap in.

And banana, I was looking at Elmer's build thread that you linked.

I like that comment about "keeping it in the air for better radio reception".

I literally lol'd

Yeah , me too... laugh.gif

The Datsun emblem on front fender must be made of paper-mache they are almost always disintegrated.

And that`s a pretty nice rig ,,