Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean this one?

Datsun 200B

another

Datsun 180B

forgot i had already posted some of my cars up

I will keep you guys update, probably ask some advice etc too :) and parts lol

Wow!! thanks it`s going up on 2am out here and those two cars sure woke me up..

The UK didn't get many 510's. Heck, I don't think they got many Datsuns in general. At least not nearly as many as places like the US and Australia. I didn't see any when I was there a couple years back.

His is an interesting mix....It's a later 71-73 judging by the tail lights, but you'll note it has the 69 front side markers, "euro" front and rear lights, NO rear side markers, and the license plate light is on the bumper. These are all the same details as the Australia cars. Except that his has a MPH speedo and an L-14 engine.

all the Datsun where imports by Datsun/nissan up till early 80's when Sunderland started making some models.

Datsun went on Sale in the UK in 1969 but they never realy started to sell much untill probably 72-72 when the 610 went on sale, they. Sadly though most rotted away when they where quite new (think it was due to 3 months on a ship coming here).

In UK we got 1300,1400 4 doors and a 5 door wagon. Don;t think we got the 1600 and never got any 2 doors or coupes :(.

There is a few 510's left in UK even a gen SSS

the 610, 710 B110, B210 E10 etc where sold quite well here

My 510 was made for UK market hense the UK verson lamps etc and chassis code starts N510. it was was first registered for use on public roads on 18th June 1971, just a year before the 610 was launched in the UK.

Great info guys! So really this is a very rare 4-door, no matter wherein the world you are. Just the 1400 makes it pretty rare right there. Were fender mirrors a pretty common site in the UK during the 70's?

there is a 1300 in the UK still on the road. mine won't be keeping the L14, but i will be keepit looking period :)

in the UK yes a lot of car had those chrome ones like on my 510 from what i remember, don;t think cars started to get mirrors on door untill late 70's

I have pics of some of the 510's left in UK i'll dig them out and make a tread on them :)

• Like 1

I have pics of some of the 510's left in UK i'll dig them out and make a tread on them :)

That would be fantastic. We love learning as much as possible here! (I am going to change the title of this thread to make it stand out more!)

I've been into 510's for many years, and owned quite a few, but have never even heard of the N510 serial number. US market cars were PL510, and as far as I know all Japanese and Australia cars are P510. I wonder if all euro cars are N510, or if that was only a UK thing?