Hazards work, blinkers dont.

RedBanner

My blinkers quit working a while back, I thought it was the switch, and it was filthy so I cleaned it and lubed it.

I was so shure ut would work I put it all back together without testing it or another one.

Fuse is good, is there a relay? What else should I check?

Untill I get it fixed im using hand signals, and I dont think many peoole know what they mean these days, id have better luck flipping em iff and swervering in front if them to be honest.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

errrrr that sucks !!! yeah a good portion of people these don't pay attention to even blinkers ,,, errrrrrrrrr

Which datto model bud ? B210 or 710 ? :D

I will try to contribute , In Z-cars , the flashers are ran through the hazard switch ! ( as you probably know ... )

There should be ( In General speak ) a flasher relay yes ! I would indeed check this as well

Possibly perform a voltage drop test :)( you probably already have and know how ,,, but just in case ! ) ---> http://www.vernco.com/Sparks/id606.htm

Also ,,, in My Zcar ,,, when my blinkers quit working ( hazrads worked though , just not blinkers ) ,,, a flasher indicator bulb would get stuck "on" in dash (showing bright green) ,,, but showing it was not blinking as well ,,,, (on dash bulb or outside of car !) ,,, so I wen't and traced through the headlight harness ground , cleaned it ,,, it worked for a bit ,,, then did it again ,,, then I replaced the ground wire all together ,,, good as new ! Crisp Clean Uniform Flashes ,,, ( you probably already checked that too ) ,,, while your there check the grounds inside the lights themselves ( if you happen to get that far )

I believe my turn signal switch to be in good condition the entire time ,....

I then later installed a new upgraded headlight harness ,,, to take load off of electrical system ,,, and any possible ( just being careful ) hot shorts or even bad grounds ,,, works great !

lots of writing ,,, even less knowledge on my part ,,, :(

'

Hopefully you can get your hands on a GOOD wiring diagram in-case you must tear into the dash/column/relay's/harness ,,, if need be ,,,:unsure:

Hope ya get it !

Thanks, I got a couple other things to try, so far I have:

Cleaned the bulbsockets and grounds, in the back there where a few damadged sockets from hauling motors so i replaced them and cleaned the replacements and and aded a ground wich had broke.

I cleaned the switch and im about to leave the confines of my apartment and track down this relay, I know it has one the question is where

B210

I also had trailer lights ran off the rear sockets untill yesterday when I changed the whips, I know (from my experiance) that the relay doesnt normaly burn out, in fact uve never had to know witch one it was till now when it could be bad, I cant find my fsm of course

Swap the turn signal flasher with the 4 way emergency flasher. If the problem changes place the flasher is bad.

This is a common problem on the 720s. The fix (don't know if it will work here but?...) make sure the emergency flasher switch is properly in the OFF position. On the 720 the switch will travel too far and the contacts will go right off the end disconnecting the signals. The fix is to move the switch slightly towards the ON position. Turn the signal to L or R and monkey with the 4 way switch and try to make contact. When the turn signal starts working you've got it.

not sure if this will help.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsunb110/Datsun1200Index/Electrical/ElectricUnitSwitchParts/tabid/1918/Default.aspx#2

on the right side of the screen, click on the Datsun Sunny 1200 Switches Flasher Unit, Horn & Cigarette Lighter (2)

You can also try cleaning the hazard switch

Cleaning hazard switch

Thank both of you, I hadnt even thought of cleaning tge hazard switch since it works lol, and the "flasher" relay way all coroded and i was un able to read it, but u did trace it to a round relay like that, im going to swap tge relay and try, I just pluged in a different h.s. And nothing changed, I did ad in some dash grounds tho due to all of the aluminum/tin behind the dash shows sighns of electrolosis