2 threads in one! I'm getting better!!! cab and bed swaps?

Llittle_Llama

ok, i want a king cab, but i have a regular cab.....i also have a short bed and want a long. are the mounts on the frame the same on either of the 2 on all trucks? basically i want to make a kc with a long bed.....i will settle for either of the 2 for now (i assume it will be the bed first) and i know i should just sell and buy what i want, but there are NO 620's around here...really...

P.S. this will be my last thread till next Tuesday....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think that the axle should be in the same place, but if it's not then i guess im out of luck on that. im sure the hard part will be the cab swap....thats the one i want the most though....i can deal with the short bed, but i just love the look of long and low trucks.....dont say anything ]2eDeYe!! lol

The frame length is the same on the longbed and the kingcab trucks.

The kingcab uses the standard short bed though.

The bed mounts are not the same on the longbed and kingcab trucks.

To make a kingcab with a long bed you will need to cut and lengthen the frame and driveline.

What do you want out of this?

I guess that it does not really matter what option that you choose, cause ALL of them that you have described WILL require welding.

You want long and low? So you want a KC longbed? Might as well start with two trucks, King cab and a longbed, and have the frames cut and reattached in the middle.

There is info in the search about the cab mounts variations. Standard, KC, and long bed.

Jason

Pacific coast, I actually think that this could be a fairly simple project IF a person was to combine the front half of a KC with the rear half of the longbed. Make the cuts right at the back of the cab. You dont have to mess with the body mounts this way. You would need to address the wiring harness(rear lights and fuel guage), driveline, Fuel line, brake hard line, and parking brake cables.

Lay that out on some bags and that would look really low.

DWN, however i agree with pac that you need to just drive and enjoy your 620.

Jason

A KC with a long bed would be about 11" longer. This is how much you would have to 'stretch' the frame. I put my KC on an '82 long bed frame and had to move the two front bed mounts back about this much and weld them on. It willnow fit a short box but like I said for all the bed mounts to fit a long box, everything must go back 11".