Blow by

Sealik

Yours is having issues too? Eeegh.. sorry man :(

I just finished hauling the rest of the 280zx I cut up for scrap. Probably pull mine out here in the next week or so.

Yeah...issues since day 1....actually before day 1 :blink:

Tiss the season...pull those LZs for a 'refit'... :D

Pretty sure the machinist screwed something up again....over bored or didn't gap/check rings

Shall pop a slug tomorrow and measure bore and piston...etc.

Maybe but why would it all go to the #1 valve? That buildup could be from a worn valve guide or seal. Intake vacuum sucks oil down the stem.

Mike...all the intake valves are crusted

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my valaves are black thick and lot of soot also. I believe mine is overcarbed whats causeing it.38/38

Your exhaust valves also?

Remember that is only with 4000km on engine....I'd hate to seem them after 40,000 miles :blink:

That 38/38 I have is jetted for a Z24 (haven't actually checked the jets to confirm :D ), the only time is was running rich was at idle (12.7ish),

and WOT of course...

'Perfect' otherwise....

Cant rememebr on the exhaust valves.

I just KnoW it was caked on the intake VALVES and even inside the intake manifold about a 1.5inch was black. with my 32/36 is was perfect. But enev with it caked on there it runs strobg with the 38/38. I think I lowed the idle jets to 40 .

This summer I ran a bottle of water thru the carb thiniing it might steam clean it a little inside. Slowly pour a lttle stream of water in carb and keep the motor reved up. I dont know if it worked.

If you get the motor really hot it will clean the combustion chamber and piston tops. Connect your windshield washer hose into the carb and go for a hard haul up a long hill in third gear. Wash, rinse, repeat. You will notice the engine temp go down stop and let it warm up and do again. The sudden change will flake the carbon off.