4.3 Chevy swap

Slixon

My 620 is going on the back burner for now, I crashed it and since I don't run a front bumper "face palm" the damage was good enough. I'm leaving it at my parents house while I go to California for a lil while. When I get back I'm going full blast.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody but other Datsun guys care if there is a v6 or v8 in our trucks. EVERYBODY that sees them is like damn!!! except some die hard 4 banger Datsun guys. LOL

Redoneeng.jpg

327datsun.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

BTW yep I am back going to put the beast back on the road for spring, got a few things that need attention. I figure a year is long enough to stay away. haha

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

whats up guys!

I see that the thread is getting old but I hope one of you can still respond to my issue:

I have a MANUAL 620 in which I want to swap a AUTO 4.3 from a complete 97 Sonoma that I also own. I am not sure what has to be modified in order to run that setup. Will the AUTO steering column from the Sonoma work if I use the proper harness and ECU or do I need to fab something?

I hope this isnt too confusing... I appreciate everyones input. Thanks

I personally would use a floor shifter with a cable setup. This will give you a lot more freedom in mounting the motor as well as allowing you to put the shifter in a comfortable position. Not to mention eliminating the hassle of fabricating linkage and steering column components. The 620 column and box are one piece.

thanks very much. I appreciate ur reply. Im currently looking at custom fabbing a shifter assembly myself using some references online. 240$ seem like really expensive especially when I think of switching the lever for something more "japanese"!